Chapter 6: Stevonnie

"Thanks, Papyrus," Steven said, hoping to raise the skeleton's spirits, but to no avail. Trying to push the thought out of his head, Steven grabbed his fork and took a bite of the pie, savoring the sweet favor of the butterscotch cinnamon.

"Asriel, this is amazing!" Connie said, with her mouth half full. "I almost regret leaving the Ruins."

"Now do you see what I was talking about?" Asriel asked, taking a bite.

"HEY, CAN I ASK A QUESTION?" Papyrus asked, unknowingly changing the subject. Steven nodded. "YOU SAID AT GRILLBY'S THAT YOU HAD DIFFERENT POWERS- HOW DO THEY WORK?"

"Well, I'm not sure how they work," Steven started, "but I know I can activate them using my gem and that they work depending on how I feel."

"What can you do again?" Asriel asked, intrigued.

"I can float, summons my shield, bubble gems, open my mom's old room, heal, fuse-"

"Oh, Steven!!!" Connie exclaimed. "I know what we should do!!" Excitedly, Connie leaned over and whispered something in Steven's ear. They both started freaking out.

"WHAT? WHAT IS IT?!?" Papyrus yelled. Sans stuck his head out of the door.

"PAPYRUS!" He shouted. "PLEASE BE QUIET!"

"Sans!" Steven said, standing up. "Will you please come down for just a quick second? Connie and I wanna show you something!" Rolling his eyes, Sans started down the staircase, working to take a seat besides Papyrus. Steven and Connie both got up and stood in the center of the room, whispering hectically as they tried to put a small act together.

"I don't have all day, kid," Sans said, and the two stop talking.

"Ok, ok," Connie said. "Ready, Steven?" He nodded, smiling. Grabbing her hand, he and Connie started to dance swiftly around the room, causing a bright, luminous pink glow to shine from his gem. Putting their heads together, both of the children disappeared only to reveal white outlines of their bodies- forms of light, merging into one large person. Within seconds, the white outline formed into a large, beautiful being. Asriel's jaw dropped, as did Papyrus's. Even Sans widened his eyes.

"Whoa, what the hell, kid," Sans started, but Papyrus slapped the back of his head.

"SANS, LANGUAGE!" He shouted. Sans rolled his eyes for about the 20th time that night.

"Alright, mom," he replied, taking another look at the figure.

Looking back and forth, Stevonnie studied her new peers- she could tell by Steven and Connie's excitement that she would enjoy meeting these new friends. "So, what do you think?" she asked. "Pretty cool, right?"

"How did you DO THAT?!" Asriel exclaimed, running over to the being. "S-steven? Connie?"

"Stevonnie," she answered, examining the lit-up look in Asriel's eyes. The look she had yearned to see for the longest time- the Crystal Gems had looked the same way when they first met her, but now, the only one who was ever excited by her appearance was Garnet. Unfortunately, she didn't get to exist that often... what a weird thought, considering existence a lucky occurrence. However, she was pulled out of her daydream by Papyrus.

"PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, STEVONNIE!" He shouted, also running up to her. "DO YOU... REMEMBER ME?"

"Yes and no..." Stevonnie said. "I've never met you, but they have, so technically, I'm not supposed to remember you, since we never really met in the first place... but I still do. Does that answer your question?"

"I... GUESS SO," Papyrus said, unsure. Before he could go in, Sans jumped in.

"So you're like, a completely different person?" he asked.