Chapter 7: To The Waterfall

The sound of loud knocks on the door brought Steven back to reality, pulling him out of sleep.

"Hello?" he heard, the knocks getting louder. "Guys, WAKE UP!"

"Three more days," he heard Asriel moan. Sitting up, Steven stretched his arms.

"Wake up, Asriel," he yawned, looking beside him. Connie's eyes were wide open, as if she had been up for a while, but she was still laying down. Beside them Papyrus shot up like a rocket and ran over to the door.

"GOOD MORNING, BROTHER!" He exclaimed, looking up at Sans.

"Uh, hey," he said, looking into the room. He could see that everyone else was awake- except for Asriel.

"Asriel, it's time to wake up," He said, walking in and tugging on the blankets. Asriel turned over.

"It's too early..." he groaned. Sans narrowed his eyes and yanked the covers off, startling Asriel out of his dream.

"Wake up NOW!" He shouted. Asriel jumped out of bed.

"Ok, ok, I'm up!" He laughed, ignoring Sans's anger. Steven laughed, too, helping Connie up.

"You've got a big day ahead of you," Sans continued, looking at them. "You said you gotta get to the surface? Well, then, you shouldn't be sleeping in 'till 11:00. I told you guys to go to bed."

"Heh, sorry about that..." Connie said, standing beside Steven. Sans wandered into the kitchen, looking for Papyrus, and the three followed him.

"What's for breakfast?" Steven asked, suddenly hungry.

"We don't really have anything... you can have some Temmie Flakes if you want," he replied, pulling a box out of a cabinet.

"Yum!" Asriel said, taking a seat at a small table that lay on the far side of the room.

"I've never had those before," Connie noted, sitting beside him.

"Yeah, I've never heard of Tem," Steven said, grinning.

"Good one, kid," Sans said, handing him a bowl.

"HAVE YOU BEEN SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME WITH MY BROTHER?" Papyrus asked, once again startling Steven. Steven shook his head slightly.

"I was just kitten around, Papyrus," he replied.

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH," Papyrus huffed as Sans started laughing.

"Oh, and what're you gonna do? Punish him?" Sans said.

"SANS-"

"Maybe send him to the- pungeon?"
"SANS, I SWEAR TO GOD, IT'S TOO EARLY FOR THIS."

"Aw, come on, Pap- you're smiling and you know it."

"I KNOW, AND I HATE IT."

"Hey, these are actually pretty good," Connie said, breaking up the argument. She elbowed Steven, who was still laughing at the two.

"Yeah, they're better than you'd expect," he agreed, taking another spoonful.

"I thought you'd like it," Sans said, pushing the box to the middle of the table. They spent the rest of the morning talking and eating Temmie Flakes, until it was time to depart.

"Hey, do you guys have anymore Temmie Flakes? You know, for the road?" Asriel asked, handing Connie her backpack.

"Dude, you literally ate five bowls," Sans said. "We don't have anymore."

"Alright..." he said, laughing. "Sorry about that."

"WELL, I SUPPOSE IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE..." Papyrus said, sadly. "ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE TO GO?"