02 Beautiful Stranger

"Lee Seokmin, help your dad with furniture!" Seokmin's mom shouted from the kitchen. The boy ran to the living room and help his father moved the table to where it's supposed to be, "Now, the TV" his father said.

"Seokmin-ah, where's your sister?" Seokmin craned his neck to his mother and shrugged his shoulder. "Not sure, maybe she went to the market? Didn't noona said she'll buy some ddeok for the neighbors?" he guessed. His mother snapped her fingers and smiled, "Right, she has gone to the market. I suddenly forgot"

"Oh no! My mom is getting too old she can't remember things!"

"...Seokmin, do you wish to be kicked out of this house or"

"SORRY MOM ILYSM"

After hours of cleaning the house, everything is finally on its place. Seokmin sat on the sofa and scroll through his phone—as he got nothing to do and he's really tired.

"I'm home. Woah, this place can be called house now" He lifted his head to see his sister coming from the front door. He rose from the sofa and walked towards his sister, taking the groceries bag from her hands. "Thanks, bring that to the kitchen 'kay, I'm exhausted" He simply nodded and brought the things to his mother—who has been putting the plates and cups into the cupboard.

"Mom, where should i put the foods?" his mother craned her neck and said, "Just put it anywhere. Oh, and take out the ddeok, mind giving it to the neighbors as well, Seok?" He put the groceries on the table and grin, "I'll give it, who knows there'll be a beautiful girl around here" His mother could only chuckled at his joke and gave a thumbs up for him, "If there is one, tell your mom, 'ya"

Honestly, there might be one upstairs.

He prepared the ddeok and brought it with him. Passing through the living room, his sister shouted a request from the sofa. "Hey Seok, buy some cold drinks before you come here, ok"

"Money?"

"Use yours"

"Ugh, at least give me some"

"Come on, Seok the-handsome-man"

"...Fine. Be grateful you got a nice brother like me"

"Whatevs"

He went outside with the packs of ddeok on his hand. He rang the bell to his neighbor and the owner—and old woman immediately opened it. Seokmin greeted the woman and said things like, 'Please enjoy the ddeok' while the woman gave him a warm smile and said, 'If you got something to ask, don't hesitate to come to me, dear'

After he delivered the ddeok there, he went to the upper floor, that girl's home. His expectation got up, the girl must be pretty, right? He thought.

Seriously, his heart beats fast as he stood in front of the girl's door. Unknowingly he bite his lips, nervous, he finally lift his finger and pressed the bell.

"Who's there?"

Wait, that doesn't sound like the voice he heard yesterday. It's different, the voice was sweet and gentle, but this one is, kinda sounded old and husky.

Someone opened the door—a woman around her 40's. Seokmin rounded his eyes, this woman is not the girl who's voice he heard at the balcony, right?THIS ISN'T RIGHT. He screamed inside yet smiled to the woman.

"What do you want, young man?" with her husky voice—uh no, more like i-just-woke-up voice, the woman leaned to the door frame and coldly stare at him. Seokmin shivered and hand her a pack of the ddeok. "My family and i had just moved right downstairs. I hope we could get along well, miss"