A Side Story

Hello!
This is the author, and i'm here to tell you that i'll be on a hiatus due to final exam.
I need to study,
Ugh.

Anyway, i don't know if any of you really wait for this story to update, but if someone really does, thank you and sorry!

But, i'm going to post something instead of updating the story, which is a short story that i've posted on my twitter!

Oh, and congratulation to GFriend for winning the Top 10 and Best Female Performance and Seventeen for winning the MBC Music Star at the Melon Music Award yesterday!! Ya'll I'm a proud mother🙆

[This story is not related to the main story]

"Gosh, how come i always stuck with this kid" Yuna face-palmed herself and sigh. "Maybe we're destined to be together" Seokmin smiled bright as he sat beside her. "I wish not" Yuna turned her face to the window while Seokmin just giggled at her words. The bus started to set off.

"Hey, so you are now officially are a trainee at Source Music, right?" He suddenly asked. Yuna glance at Seokmin and took out her phone, "And you're at Pledis?" Seokmin nodded his head, "You know, my voice is so good they immediately accept me and told me that i'll be debuting with a grup named, uh, Seventeen?"

"Oh" Seokmin pouted at Yuna as she only answer with an unsincere 'oh'. Yuna pull out her earphone and plugged it into both of her ears. Seokmin steal some glance at her as he saw her opened the soundcloud app. He smiled as he thought of a question. "Hey, i got some covers at soundcloud too. Have you listen to it?"

Yuna shrugged her shoulder and asked back, "Do you listen to mine?" Seokmin nodded proudly. "Of course, i listen to every friend in our class covers, even the 3-4 class, Jung Jae—"

"Jaehyun?" Yuna asked, and Seokmin rounded his eyes, "Yeah, you know him?" Yuna nodded and said, "Sure thing, i listen to his covers a lot. His voice is so good. Oh right, he enters SM, doesn't he?"

"Wait, you also know that?" Seokmin asked in disbelief. Yuna smirk and said, "You can say i'm almost his biggest fan" Seokmin's small smile faded as he heard 'biggest fan'.

"Wow, i can't believe before he debuted he already have a fan" Seokmin turned his face and looked straight to in front of him and whispered, "I envy him..."

Yuna suddenly laughed at his words and said, "Pfth, i'm just kidding. Jaehyun is my bestie's best friend and well, she told almost everything about him to me so i also know him well. And you look jealous, lol"

"Of course i am jealous! I mean, you listen to his covers but not mine when i am your best friend!" Seokmin bickers became loud enough to get a shush from your classmates who were sleeping. "Hey, shut it Lee Seokmin!" Seokmin grin and shouted an apology.

Yuna chuckled as his word and said, "Who says you're my best friend? Aren't we just seat mate?" Yuna looked out of the window again and increase the volume of the music she was listening to and hum to the song, ignoring Seokmin's word, probably just him whining why was he not her best friend yet after a half year being his seat mate.

Yuna closed her eyes and yawn as her eyes became heavy. "Hey, i'm going to sleep so don't disturb me or take picture of me sleeping else i'll kill you" She threaten Seokmin as she knew he could be annoying and disturb her sleep. Seokmin smile widely and said, "Ok"

Seokmin watched Yuna closed her eyes and slowly drowned to her sleep with her earphone plugged in. Seokmin smiled as Yuna's face became peaceful and looked innocent. Her head was leaning to the window, where Seokmin wished it was leaning to his shoulder. Seokmin shook those thought and looked around. All of his classmates were sleeping but he wasn't even sleepy. He sighed and took out his phone to listen to music but it has ran out of battery. He groaned and put his phone back to his pocket.

He looked to the driver and asked, "Sir, how more minutes to the place?" The driver thought for a moment and answered, "Around one hour. The road was packed so i took the longer route and it's empty but we still have long way to go. Why? You need to go to the restroom?" Seokmin shook his head and said, "No, I'm fine" as he lean back to his chair.

He sighed once more as he really got nothing to do, except if he just wake Yuna up and— nah, she would be mad to him. He glanced to Yuna once more and a question came up, what is she listening to? He slowly lean in and gently pull one of her earphone. Yuna moved a bit and Seokmin leans back, afraid that he might have woke her up, fortunately Yuna didn't opened her eyes. He sighed in relieved and put the earphone to his ears.

The song, it was somehow familiar. He listened closely and remember, it was when Yuna and Seokmin perform a duet at the school festival, on top of that, the studio version, which only Seokmin has posted it on soundcloud. Seokmin started at her and her lips were humming the song softly. Why was she listening to his song? He focused on the song again, their harmony was perfect. Yuna's high note, his own voice, everything was somehow sounded more perfect, was it because they were sharing the same earphone to listen to it?

The road became bumpy and the bus started to shake a little, but well the impact is quite big. It made Yuna's head changed position, to leaning to Seokmin's shoulder. He was shocked but when Yuna's head started to fall he gently catch it and leaned it back to his shoulder.

The song ended and it changed to another song. It was Seokmin's cover of 'The Little Prince'.

His song. Was on her playlist. He smiled and tried to hold his excitement. This girl sure is a tsundere, he thought to himself. He poked her cheek softly and closed his eyes. His crush sure is cute and he is lucky enough to have her close as his best friend.

And there they were, sleeping and sharing an earphone— also leaning to each other.

— 161121