07 Almost Is Never Enough

"Hey, hurry and move that to the stage!"

"Someone, help me with the chairs!"

"Out of the way, please!"

Everyone could be seen busy doing preparation. Students walking in quick pace even running around, bringing things on their hands. They were finishing up the decoration for Summer Festival that will be held on the afternoon.

Yuna slipped through the people into her classroom. She needed to help her friends paint a banner for the front gate, to welcome other people that will come.

"Yuna, you can color that part with red and blue for the word next to it." command one of her friend. Yuna nodded lightly and took the paint brush along with the red paint with her. She sat down near the drawing that need to be colored and started her task.

"Hey, is there anything i can help, perhaps?" Seokmin who had just came to the room walked towards the class president and offered a help. The class president looked around and pointed at the paper cups and plates above a table, "That things over there, move them to the cooking club's stand, thanks." Seokmin smiled and nodded, taking away the plates and cups.

"Seokmin, Yuna! Soonyoung sunbae wants you to come to the Club room."

Yuna lifted her head. Her eyes scanned around the classroom to search for Seokmin but he was not there. She stood up and excuse herself from the activity she has been doing.

Going down the hallway, after passing through other classes that seems as busy as her class, she arrived at the Dance club room. She entered it without hesitation and found Soonyoung having a serious talk with his partner.

"Oh, you're here? Where's Seokmin?" The leader asked. Yuna shook her head and said, "I haven't seen him too."

"Yuna!" her partner suddenly came through the door while carrying a plastic bag full of plastic cups. "Huh? What happen, hyung? Why are we the only one being called here?"

Soonyoung glanced at his partner and sighed, "I think we need to exchange the partnering,"

"What?" Seokmin rose a brow, "You mean, I wont be coupled with Yuna?"

"I'm sorry but, yeah."

Seokmin dramatically dropped the plastic bag, "But, why?"

Soonyoung chuckled at his reaction and patted his shoulder, "Sorry, Seokmin. She was being an idiot and trip herself from the stairs—"

Soonyoung's partner immediately slapped his back hard enough to make the boy cringed in pain. "Hey, telling that was not really necessary, ok. The point is, I cant do the solo dance with him, so someone need to replace me," She explained carefully. "And I think you are able to do that, Choi Yuna."

This time, Yuna rose a brow, "But why me, sunbae?"

"Because you dance well, obviously," Soonyoung intercepted. "I saw you practicing to the solo dance few days ago. You are good enough to replace her." He flashed a small smile to Yuna.

Yuna glanced between the three people. Her sunbaes are showing supportive smile while her partner, was showing a disappointed face. Seokmin sighed hard and said, "She does dance well, so I'm letting her go. Thank god it's to you, hyung." He then pouted his lips.

The sunbaes chuckled. "Then lets practice it once, with our new partner."

"Good Afternoon, everyone! I would like to thank you for coming to our school's Early Summer Festival!"

A festive shout and applause was heard from here and there. The MC smiled proudly and continued his opening ment with lots of spirit.

Behind the stage, Yuna bit her lower lips nervously and put her hands together to pray so she wont make mistakes. She thought to herself; will she be ok? Will people like the performance?