Chapter Twenty Five

"I can't believe that little witch got away from me again!" Andrew sneered, slamming his wine glass down onto the butlers tray.

"'Tis tragic, Your Grace." the butler said.

"Oh be quiet Gerald." Andrew rubbed his forehead.

"I apologize, Your Grace. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." Gerald the butler bowed stiffly and left Andrew to his thoughts.

He would get his revenge. Millicent wouldn't get away with this. He would get back at her, but not directly. No, he was going to harm someone she loved. Someone she cared for. That would hurt her for sure. Andrew smirked, staring into the flames of the fire in his fireplace. He could get his brother John to help him. John always helped him when Andrew plotted schemes like this.

Andrew penned a letter to his brother and sealed it tightly in an envelope. He called for the butler again by ringing the bell. Gerald came to the library and bowed, "You called, Your Grace?"

"Send this letter to my brother." Andrew said, placing it in Gerald's hands.

"Of course, Your Grace. Anything else?"

"No. Begone."

And with a stiff bow, the butler slipped away. Andrew settled back comfortably in his seat. Everything would turn out as it was supposed to. Just as he had planned.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"What do you think about putting this chair here?" Millicent asked, putting her hands on her hips. She titled her head slightly. "Does it look okay?"

She felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her waist. Theodore rested his chin on the top of her head, "I think so."

"Good. Then we're finished with the library." Millicent smiled.

"Maybe we should make a nursery room." Theodore said suggestively, kissing her neck.

Millicent pulled away, laughing. She patted his chest, "All things in good time, Theo."

"Fine. But I plan on having a bunch of little ones running around this place." He winked.

Millicent blushed and spun on her heel as she left the room. She shook her head, chuckling. Theodore was something else. She picked up her skirts and hurried down the stairs to the kitchen. There, she found a surprise.

"Millicent!" A voice squeaked. "You weren't supposed to know I was here."

"Annabelle?!" Millicent gasped, wrapping her arms around her old friend. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, you ruined your surprise." Theodore's voice came from kitchen door. Mischief twinkled in his blue eyes.

"I don't understand." Millicent wrinkled her nose slightly.

Theodore laughed and came over, wrapping his arm around her, "Annabelle is going to be taking care of the house for us."

"You mean...your father let her come here?" She asked in surprise.

"Yes. It was supposed to be your wedding gift." Annabelle shrugged.

"It's a pleasant surprise. I'm so glad you're here." Millicent clasped her hands together.

"I'm glad to be here." Annabelle laughed.

Millicent looked at the two people she cared about the most, feeling an overwhelming sense of love. She was happy that everything had worked out. She had everyone and everything she needed. She hadn't ever wanted more than this.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Millicent slipped down underneath the covers and peeked over Theodore's shoulder, "What are you reading?"

"Oh, just this book my father let me borrow. David Copperfield." He explained, flipping the page.

Millicent yawned, snuggling beneath his heavy arm, "It sounds nice. Is it any good?"

"I'm enjoying it." Theodore replied. He looked down at her and kissed her head. "You look tired. Are you feeling alright, love?"

"I think so. I have a small headache." She shrugged.

Theodore sat up, looking concerned, "Do you want me to get anything? We might have some willow tea."

Millicent grabbed his arm and pulled him back to the bed, "No, I'm fine. Just tired."

"You're sure?" Theodore brushed aside a piece of her long brown hair.

She nodded, closing her eyes. "Mmhhm. I'm good."

She felt him place a small kiss on her cheek. "Just let me know if you need anything."

Millicent would have replied but she was already asleep.

Copyright © 2016 by Rosanna Parker

All Rights Reserved

I really just wanted to write from Andrew's point of view and didn't want to end it with him so I decided to write more about Millie and Theodore idk. Tell me what you think and please vote :)

-Rosanna