Chapter Twenty Nine

Nine months later....

Theodore paced the hallway, listening to the screams of his wife from the bedroom. He had barely had enough time to find the doctor before Millicent had fallen into labor. And he was worried beyond belief. He wanted his wife and the child to make it through this safely. He couldn't bare the thought of losing either of them.

Suddenly, the screams stopped and a cry broke the silence. Theodore smiled and stepped into the room. There sat Millicent on the bed, looking exhausted and tired. In her arms was a small baby, wrapped up in a soft white blanket. The doctor turned and clapped him on the shoulder, "You have a fine, healthy baby boy, Mr. Ashton. All I suggest is for Millicent to get some bed rest for the next couple of days. She'll be feeling better in no time."

"Thank you Doctor." Theodore replied mindlessly. He was focused on getting to meet his son for the first time.

Millicent peered up at him and held out the baby, "Isn't he darling?"

Theodore nearly cried at the sight of his child. He cradled the small boy in his arms and sat down next to his wife. He tilted the boy so Millicent could see him. Theodore let the baby's little fingers grasp his thumb, "He's so small. And he has your curly brown hair, Millie."

"He has your blue eyes."

"Aren't all baby's born with blue eyes?" Theodore asked, gently stroking his son's head.

"Yes, but his will stay blue." Millicent smiled. She placed her weak hand on his arm. "What should we name our baby?"

"What about David? My grandfather was named that." Theodore suggested.

"I love it." Millicent smiled. "David Theodore Ashton."

"Do you want to see your Mommy, David?" Theodore cooed gently.

He handed David to Millicent again, placing a kiss on her lips as he did so. Millicent placed her hand on his cheek and smiled, "I'm very happy for our family. We've been blessed."

"That we have my dear. Hopefully more blessings will come along the way." Theodore said, laughing at her blush. He patted her hand. "For now, you need to recover and keep an eye on little David here."

Millicent smiled down at her child. The scene made Theodore practically melt. He had been quite blessed indeed.

Copyright © 2016 by Rosanna Parker

All Rights Reserved