viiii. bad and boujee

[LIVE EDITING. CORRECTING ERRORS].

So, I was in a pretty verbally abusive relationship, and was in a deep depression. And I lost my ability to focus on stories, to read stories and worst of all, to write them. I'm out of it and way better now and I got my mojo back. Or at least it's creeping back slowly. I have 10 chapters ready in total for all my stories, but I wanted to post this one first to test the waters, see if the reaction is good.

So, support me if you can please <3. Voting and commenting are things I love.

Ashley

This wasn't the first time a gun had been pointed in my face.

But usually, it was either Kenzie threatening to pop my faggot ass during an argument, Kenzie drunk or high (or some hellish combination of both) or, well, some guy trying to rob me. But usually Kenzie was there to save the day. Not this time.

My big brother, who at the current time, I was just realizing may be my Savior – disturbing thought – was not here to protect his little brother.

I've never stared down the barrel of a gun before. But in this parking lot, dark, stony, with the rush of silence zig zagging across the creaks and spaces in between the cars, made me focus on just that. And I waited.

He spoke. "I told yo brother to stay off my land, but it don't seem like he's gonna listen." The gun cocked. "Nothing against you, but blood needs to be spilled here."

I thought of running. The exit wasn't far.

I also thought of dying by a single bullet. And dying of 20 in my back. I chose the former.

So, I close my eyes and accept my fate. I wait and I wait and I wait.

Until there is a roar of running feet and my eyes reopened.