xviii. throwing shade

This chapter is legit 10-15 pages. I got carried away with the editing process and added chunks and chunks and it went from 3,000 words to nearly 6800. I stayed up from like 8pm to just around 6am editing it. Sooooooo, vote and comment please! I love how interactive you guys are. It's truly special to me to read your comments and of course I love when you support me by voting on my stories.

Reece's POV

Reece's POV

"I still don't get why you had to come, mother," I said, huffing as we stepped out of the limousine and in front of Ashley's house.

"It's good for appearances," she said, trailing out after me. "You were invited by The Kings to dinner tonight and it's imperative that Liza and I come."

"What are Anna and I?" Dec snorted, leaping out the other side "chopped liver?"

"I could really care less about your presence," Mother offered him. "But Reece insisted since you two seem to be conjoined at the tip, so here you are."

"Aw," Dec cooed, "I get insulted like I'm family."

"Shut it," Anna blurted as we walked up to the house of The Kings. I wasn't sure I would have even still be asked to come, considering the party, but Ashley still invited me to the dinner, in which I was supposed to get him to come and live with me.

Ask his parents.

 I mean.

I don't get being black and I probably never will, not really. But, I don't understand asking your parents for permission to do anything, period.

I never asked my mother to do jackshit. I just did it without thinking of the consequences. That probably explains the hiv scares, though.

Mom, dressed in a black glittery dress and black gloves, rang the doorbell.