xxvi. free at last, free at last, free at last

This chapter is 10,000 words. 20 pages, which might put it among the top ten longest chapters in WP from an amateur writer here. It sure is the longest I've ever written – ever thought I'd ever write, to be quite honest. It took longer than expected – two nights with no sleep and more editing than I am proud of, but it's here. If you enjoy it, please VOTE and COMMENT, if you deem me worthy of it. Thank you :)

Also, I wrote a lot of this in the wee hours of the morning, and this is 10,000 words so there will be grammatical errors, unfortunately! Sorry in advance.

Ashley

Ashley

There was a knock on the door, but before I could even mutter an invite, Kenzie poked his head in. He scrounged his nose up me. "In here smells like fucked booty juice."

"What do you want, Kenneth?" I blurted. I had at least moved from my bed, to the chair next to the metal night stand that they had provided for me. In here was barren enough as it was. Just white walls and white tiles; white sheets and white lights.

Kenzie walked in and closed the door behind him. "Came in to make sure Reece didn't grind the cast off of your arm," he said. "By the way, I don't think getting your freak on in a hospital bed is what Missy Elliot meant when she released that song."

My cheeks warmed, just a bit. I had thought I was immune to Kenzie's teasing about me and other boys since he caught Dennis and I more times than I'm proud to count out loud. "You heard us?" I asked.

"Nigga, this entire hospital heard you," he replied, much to my dismay and his amusement, if the smile on his face said anything. "A woman who was in a coma for three years woke the fuck up from all that pelvis on booty smacking – like y'all listening to a damn Kirk Franklin song clapping along and shit. We all heard the sound of you and Tighty Whitey doing the Marvin Gaye."

"Getting it On?"

"Yes, bruh," he said, with a grimace. "At least lock the door and play some R-Kelly next time so all of your friends who are standing right outside your door don't have to hear Reece buss a nut inside of you."