26: Fake

The group was worried about Steve. He hadn't been back in a long while. Ellie was worried about the soldier. She missed him. He was like her boy best friend. Freya was worried as well and so was Bucky. But the one day, Ellie sat on the porch drawing a picture of Max. She looked up seeing Steve coming down the driveway. But the truth was... It wasn't Steve. It was his copy. Hydra Cap.
"Ellie!" The fake Steve said with a smile on his face. The blonde teenager jumped up from the porch and rushed toward Steve. She jumped wrapping her arms around his neck hugging him. The Captain chuckled and he wrapped his arms around her small body. He took note at how light she was and how easy it would be to get her back to Zemo.
"I missed you so much, Steve" Ellie said with a smile as she continued to hug him. The blonde soldier smirked a little looking down at the teen. She hadn't noticed his smirk that was on his face.
"I missed you too" he said softly as he looked down at her. He picked her up in a big hug with a smile. Oh she was light. It would be very easy to just carry her back to Zemo right then and there. But he was gonna have some fun with his little plan on pretending to be the Captain.
"Come on! The others were so worried about you" Ellie said before she wiggled from his hold. The faker smiled as he watched her. If he had a tighter grip on her, it would be harder for her to wiggle from him like that. He smirked and then dropped it following after her, into the farmhouse.
When everyone saw him, he was surrounded by the companions of the Captain. He just smiled and spoke to them as if the real one would. But Ellie noticed how different his attitude was. He always had his hand clenched by his side. The blonde teenager frowned a little watching him. She turned and headed back up to her room in thought. What if he was taken by Zemo and they did something to him?
After a few minutes, a couple of the others went out to go eat. Leaving the fake Steve and Ellie at the farmhouse by themselves. Ellie was curled up on her bed taking a little nap. The blonde soldier peeked into the room watching as the teen would roll over a little to get comfortable. He watched her every move that she made. Ellie opened her eyes slightly and looked out her window. She could see Steve's reflection in the window watching her from behind.
The blonde teen rolled over and looked at Steve giving him a smile before she blinked a little rubbing at her eyes gently. The soldier watched her with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. No one was around. He walked into the room and went over grabbing the teen by the arm. Ellie frowned and she tried to pull her arms away. But when she couldn't, she knew this wasn't Steve. She electrocuted him with her powers causing him to yell out.
The two heard the door open downstairs and the faker grumbled under his breath rubbing at his arm. He looked at the teen and growled at her, "if you say anything to the others, I won't even think twice before I kill you."
Ellie's eyes widened a little and she gulped in fear looking at him. He wasn't Steve. It wasn't him. Something was wrong. Her blue eyes watched him carefully as he left the bedroom, closing the door behind him. She breathed in and out and looked out the window. She needed to tell Freya. Freya would help her. But she didn't want to die either. But she would be with her mother if he killed her. The blonde sighed and she curled up in her bed.
Ellie was scared now. Her heart beating rapidly within her chest. She looked out the window watching as Bucky and Freya walked toward the house. Downstairs, the fake Steve sat on the porch watching as the two made their way toward the house. Freya and Bucky were laughing and smiling as they walked forward. Freya's phone went off and she took it out.
"Ellie needs to talk to me" Freya said before she kissed Bucky's cheek. The fake Captain raised his head hearing the words come out of the Asgardian's mouth. That little brat was going to sell him out after he had threatened to kill her. He gritted his teeth a little forming a plan in his head as he watched the dark haired girl head inside. He looked at Barnes giving him a smile before they started making small talk. 
Freya headed up the steps toward Ellie's room. She knocked on the door and soon the blonde teen opened the door, pulling her best friend inside and slamming the door shut behind her. Freya looked at Ellie with confusion on her face. Now what was that all about?
"That Steve down there is a fake..." Ellie whisper yelled, "Zemo kidnapped the real Steve and made him into an evil person. He threatened to kill me if I told anyone." The blonde teen was trembling with fear as she hugged her small body. Freya looked at Ellie and frowned before pulling her into her arms. The blonde laid her head on her shoulder and sighed feeling as Freya gently rubbed her friend's back.
"I promise it's the real Steve" Freya said with a small smile. Ellie shook her head rapidly and swallowed the lump in her throat.
"It's not him, Freya. I'm telling you the truth" Ellie said before there was a soft knock at the door that startled her a little.
"Hey. You two okay?" Steve's muffled voice said from the other end of the door. The blonde teen squeaked and hid behind her friend quickly, shaking with fear. Freya sighed and she went over to the door.
"Everything is absolutely fine, Steve. Ellie just had a nightmare" Freya said patting the soldier's shoulder as she exited the room. Steve watched her head down the hallway before he looked at Ellie causing her to shiver with fear. The faker smirked seeing the fear in her eyes. He walked in slightly leaning his back against the wall before he shut the door with his foot.
"Nightmare, huh? You want to talk about it?" Steve asked taking on a sweet, soothing tone that he knew the real soldier had. Ellie gulped and shook her head as she watched him walk over. The faker smiled a little and he sat down on the bed patting the spot beside him. He smirked, "let's have a little chit chat."
Ellie shook with fear before she slowly walked over sitting down beside him. He looked like Steve but he acted completely different. She sighed and looked down at the ground a little, refusing to make eye contact with him.
"Lay down" he ordered softly, trying to stay calm and soothing just to comfort her and ease her nerves. The blonde shook her head but hearing him say it again in a not so soothing voice made her lay down, laying her head gently in his lap. The soldier sighed softly and he ran his fingers down the side of her face causing her to whimper a little, fearing he would kill her.
"I'm not gonna kill you, Blondie. Not yet at least. Zemo wants you first" he said soothingly as he continued to caress her face. The blonde bit her lip and she closed her eyes listening to his voice. He sounded so calm but there was hatred still in his voice. It was soaked with venom. He stared down at the teen, "I don't think Zemo or me will kill you. He wants you as his soldier."
"Steve... I know you're in there somewhere. Get Zemo out of your head" Ellie said softly but the soldier just chuckled and leaned down with his lips close to her ear. Feeling his hot breath against her neck, she shivered and curled up hiding her face in his stomach even thought it wouldn't help her.
"Nope... You see... Zemo used your friend to create me. I'm a copy of him. The real Steven is out there in the world somewhere or he's dead" the faker said before letting out a chuckle when she had hid her face in his stomach. He heard her whimper a little which made him smirk. He felt powerful. This little teenager feared him greatly. He chuckled and rubbed the back of her head, "no need to be scared of me. As long as you don't go telling the others then we'll be fine for a little."
The blonde swallowed in fear as she closed her eyes tightly. She felt his hand against the back of her head which caused her to feel a strange feeling in her stomach. She was so confused. She felt safe but at the safe time she was terrified of the fake Steve. He was just as comforting as the real one but he had something else to him. The soldier smiled and he sighed softly looking down at her.
"Why don't you get some rest" he said softly before he got up leaving her on the bed. She looked at him watching him leave. He turned slightly and looked at her with a smirk, "good night Ellie. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite." He chuckled before he left the room leaving the teen with a look of fear on her face.