A Bad Day

The rest of the week went by smoothly for Juliet. Chelsea and Angelina even lightened up on her a little, and she was becoming really good friends with Ellie. It turned out, they both played soccer. However, by the time Friday arrived, everything changed for the worst.
Juliet woke up to hearing Emily on the phone with someone. She heard Prentiss say,
"I'll send someone to pick you up at the airport around seven tomorrow morning, okay?"
Juliet wondered who she was talking to. After five minutes, the girl decided to get up and go eat breakfast.
"Good morning sunshine," Emily said to Juliet as she walked into the kitchen. Juliet loved hearing Emily say that, and she said it almost every morning.
"How did you sleep?" Prentiss asked. "I've been sleeping really well lately," Juliet admitted.
"Well that's good," Prentiss said pouring Juliet some cereal and milk. She slid the bowl over to Juliet and walked over to kiss her forehead before leaving to get ready for work. After Emily left, Juliet slowly ate her meal. She was so happy today was Friday and that she would have the whole weekend off to spend with Emily. Once she finished eating, she brushed her teeth and got ready for school. Then, her and Emily left the apartment ready to begin their day.

Juliet arrived at the school and said goodbye to Emily before getting out. She noticed Ellie wasn't there, so she proceeded to her homeroom. When she got there, she sat in the back all alone, and waited for the teacher to begin talking. After the bell rang, the teacher, Mrs. Salmon stood up and began saying the announcements for the class.
"I just wanted to let you know, we will be doing career day for parents next Thursday and Friday. You are to have both or one of your parents come in and talk about their job." After the teacher finished, Chelsea stood up and asked,
"What if you don't have parents?" Mrs. Salmon replied,
"Well, we don't have anyone in class, that doesn't have at least one parent." Chelsea pointed to Juliet,
"What about her?" She asked.
"I heard Juliet's mom works for the FBI," the teacher said.
"Oh, you're right. I must've gotten you mixed up with someone else, my bad," Chelsea said smiling at Juliet, who just looked away in embarrassment.

When lunch time came around, Juliet sat by herself and looked around the cafeteria. When she saw Angelina and Chelsea walking towards her, she looked back down at her food.
"Where's your friend, Ellie? Did she finally see how much of a loser you are?" Chelsea asked.
"Leave me alone," Juliet demanded. "Or what?" Chelsea said back. Juliet stayed silent.
"Yeah that's what I thought," Chelsea said. Angelina and Chelsea started walking away, but stopped when they heard Juliet mumble something under her breath.
"What was that?" Chelsea asked, turning back around.
"I said I feel bad for you," Juliet said more confidently. "You make yourself feel better, at the expense of others. Plus, you care about what people think of you way too much."
Chelsea was pissed off.
"How dare you!" she screamed. "You know what, I should feel bad for you. Nobody likes you, or cares about you, and they never will. You're just a big failure and I'm sure even your parents thought that. I bet your "mom" wishes she could just give you back," Chelsea said using air quotations.
"Chels," Anglina whispered noticing how upset she was making Juliet.
"No Ange, she needs to hear this. You think you can just come to this school and lie to everyone about who you really are. You're an orphan, Juliet, and you always will be. No one will ever really want you, after all the damage you've been through. Once you get that through your thick skull, then maybe people will start to not hate you." Chelsea stormed off leaving Juliet in tears.
"Juliet, I don't know what got into her. She's usually not like this," Angelina said before following Chelsea. Juliet didn't know what to do. She desperately wanted to call Emily and have her pick her up, but there were only two classes left, so she decided to just wait. Quickly, she wiped away her tears and finished eating. Juliet hated being alone, and she wished Ellie was there today. In her last class, over the speaker came,
"Mrs. Rogers, can you pick up your handset please?" The teacher walked over and picked up the phone. "Hello?"she asked. She waited a bit, and looked over at Juliet.
"Okay, I'll let her know, thank you," she said and hung up the phone. Juliet noticed Mrs. Rogers walking towards her desk.
"Juliet, your mom called. She had a meeting at three, so she's sending someone named Jennifer Jareau to pick you up." Juliet nodded and finished doing her work. After school, Juliet rushed out to where she usually waited for Emily. Then suddenly, she felt a push from behind. JJ was in her car and she saw what happened. Immediately she got out and started walking towards Juliet. Juliet turned around to face two big eighth graders and Chelsea and Angelina.
"You think you can insult Chelsea and get away with it?" one of the guys asked, while they all cornered Juliet. Then, the other slapped all the books and papers out of her hands making them fall to the ground.
"Hey," Juliet said in an angry tone.
"Oh look, Billy, you angered it," the other boy said laughing. Chelsea was laughing too and so was Angelina. Then Billy pushed Juliet down and Chelsea started screaming,
"Hit her Billy! She needs to learn her lesson."
JJ finally caught up to where Juliet was and saw her cornered on the ground crying, with people standing all around her. When she heard Chelsea scream to hit her, she rushed in there and stopped Billy right in time. Billy pulled his hand back for a punch but JJ stopped him before it made contact with Juliet. Juliet closed her eyes and held her breath when she saw Billy about to punch her, but when she heard JJ's voice, she sighed.
"What do you think you're doing!" JJ demanded yelling at the four kids tormenting Juliet. They all backed away.
"This was just a warning. Watch your back," Chelsea said harshly before leaving the scene. Of course Angelina followed. The two eighth grade boys ran away when JJ got there, because they didn't want to get in trouble again. After everyone left, it was just Juliet and JJ.
"Thank you," Juliet said quietly as JJ helped her up. Immediately, the older women pulled Juliet into a hug. She knew the girl must've been scared. JJ could feel Juliet trembling still, so she started rubbing her back. After a while, she let go and helped Juliet pick up her papers and books. Then, they started walking back to the car. After starting the car, JJ asked,
"Juliet, how often does that happen?" The girl looked up with tear filled eyes and said,
"Well this was the first time that happened, but those girls always give me a hard time."
"How?" JJ asked. Juliet didn't really want to answer but she said,
"They just say really mean things to me. I try to ignore them, but sometimes what they say really gets to me." JJ felt really bad for this kid. She's been through a lot, and now people are mean to her at school.
"What do they say?" JJ wanted to know.
"Do I have to tell you?" Juliet asked. "No, but I think it would help," JJ replied. Juliet sighed.
When she told JJ all the terrible things the girls were saying to her, she couldn't help but cry. JJ was angry. She couldn't believe girls could be so mean at such a young age. It baffled her how they felt the need to bring Juliet down just to make them feel better. JJ knew that when Emily found out what was happening, she would have a fit.

After arriving at the BAU, they got out of the car and made their way into the building. Juliet tried wiping her eyes so it didn't look like she was crying. JJ noticed, and really saw how much her and Emily were alike.
"Wow, I can't believe how much Em is starting to rub off on you already," JJ stated plainly. Juliet gave her a confused look, which made JJ smile a little. When they reached the sixth floor, they walked over to Emily's desk. Reid and Morgan were chatting, but stopped when they saw Juliet.
"What's wrong?" Reid asked when he saw how upset the child looked. "Everything," Juliet replied starting to tear up again. Juliet felt a hand on her back and turned around to see Emily grinning at her. The smile quickly faded and left Prentiss' face when she saw Juliet's puffy eyes and red nose. Juliet sniffled and said,
"I'm having a bad day."