Surprise

So, Juliet and Emily arrived in London and went straight to their new apartment. It was bigger than their one in DC, and Juliet was excited to have a huge room. Emily started to go to work, and Juliet began school, which she absolutely loved. All the kids there were nice and accepting. Almost instantly, she made new friends.

March 25, 2012
Emily woke up extra early to surprise Juliet with a birthday breakfast. Once she was finished making pancakes, she put the plate on a tray and brought it into the girl's room.
"Jules," Emily said softly.
Slowly, the kid woke up and rolled over.
"Mom?" she asked.
"Happy birthday, honey," Prentiss said as she placed the food in front of the child. Juliet smiled big and thanked her. She began eating, and was very happy. As she ate, her phone vibrated. She looked over and it was a text from Hotch. She grabbed her phone so Emily didn't see it, however, she was too late.
"What did he say?" Emily wondered.
"Happy birthday and that he misses us," Juliet replied.
Emily simply nodded, but didn't smile.
She was still mad at Aaron, but she knew Juliet loved him like a father, so she couldn't keep them from talking.
Prentiss stayed with her kid while she ate, and once she was done, she brought the dishes to the kitchen and began cleaning up.

Juliet walked in, all ready to go to school.
"Mom?"
Emily looked up at her cute little girl.
"Yes?"
"I'm ready."
"Okay, let me grab my coat," Prentiss said and walked away.
Emily dropped Juliet off at school, then headed to work. She felt good knowing Juliet was happy with their new life, and that she wasn't being picked on at school.
When she arrived at work, she set her things down, and checked her phone. There were multiple text messages from her old team, except for Hotch. There was even a missed call from Reid. She called him back.
"Hello?"
"Reid, what going on?"
"We're getting on the plane right now."
"What?" She was confused.
"We're coming to visit you guys for Juliet's birthday," Reid said excitedly.
"Seriously?" Emily was shocked but also excited.
They continued to talk and with the help of JJ, they made a plan for the later part of the day.

Juliet had a great day at school. She ate lunch with her new friends and they were very nice. They even wished her a happy birthday, as well as many others. By the end of the day, she was excited to just spend time with Emily. She walked out to where Prentiss had been picking her up, but she couldn't see her car anywhere, which was worrying her.
Then, all at once, her worry disappeared. Walking toward her was her very favorite person aside from Emily. Juliet wasted no time. She dropped her bag and ran toward him with a big smile. He caught her and picked her up.
"What are you doing here?" she asked after she gave him a great big hug.
"We wanted to surprise you," Reid replied.
"We?"
Just then, the rest of the team arrived and greeted the child. After letting go of Reid, she ran straight for Garcia.
"I missed you so much buttercup," the blonde said.
"I missed you more," Juliet said.
As she was saying hi to all her moms friends, she noticed Emily wasn't there, and now that she looked at them all, neither was Hotch.
"Where's Aaron?" Juliet asked sadly.
"He couldn't come?" JJ told her.
"Why?"
"Since he let us all take a few days off, he had to stay and work extra hard," the women explained, even though that wasn't the whole truth. Just then, Emily pulled up.
"Mom, looks who's here," Juliet yelled as she ran over to her.
"I know, isn't it exciting?" Prentiss exclaimed. The child nodded and wrapped her self in Emily's arms.
"Where's Hotch?" Prentiss asked.
"He couldn't come because he had to do everyone else's work," Juliet said to her. Emily knew the truth.
"Sure," the older brunette said as she eyed JJ.

The crew headed back to Emily's apartment to find a surprise party awaiting Juliet. While the kid was at school, the team totally decked out Prentiss' apartment with decorations. Emily was just as surprised as Juliet.
"Guys, you didn't have to do all this," Prentiss said once she saw her apartment.
"I know, but we wanted to," Garcia said with a smile. Juliet was busy telling Reid about her new school.
Juliet was super excited to have everyone over. Right when she walked in, Juliet brought Reid to her room to work on her homework. Garcia went too. That left Prentiss with JJ, Rossi and Morgan.
"How do you like running Interpol?" Rossi asked.
Prentiss sighed and said,
"Well, I've only been here for about a week, but so far, I like it."
"That's good," he said to her and she nodded.
"How is Juliet liking school?" JJ asked.
"She loves it," Emily said with a little smile.
"Good," JJ replied.
Things were starting to get awkward since the team wanted her to return, but she was content with her decision.

Luckily, Juliet ran back in with Spencer and Garcia.
"I finished my homework," the kid said as she walked over to Prentiss. Emily extended her arm out to the kid who happily took her place in front of her mom.
"Can we do gifts now?" Garcia asked excitedly. Emily nodded and led Juliet and her guests to the living room. The kid took a seat in between Reid and Prentiss. Garcia handed her each gift one by one and watched Juliet open them. Garcia got her a new sparkly phone case, and iPad. Reid got her a whole bunch of new books. JJ got her a fluffy purple bathrobe with slippers, Morgan gave her a new blanket with a foot massage too, and leave it to Rossi to get her a new tv for her room. Juliet loved all her gifts and was excited to use them all. She thanked everyone and gave hugs.
"My turn," Prentiss said and handed her a bag.
Juliet looked up and gave her mom and cute smile. Then she began opening it. First, she pulled out a new laptop. Next, was a personalized blanket with everyone's name on it that she loved. It had the teams, plus Ellie's, her parents, her grandmother, Sergio, and of course Emily's.
"Mom, I love this," Juliet said and hugged the older women.
"I love you, Jules."
"I love you too," Juliet said.

The rest of the day was spent just hanging out on the couches and talking. Emily missed seeing her team everyday, and she enjoyed spending time with them. The same goes for Juliet. Pizza arrived at six and everyone ate. They ended with night with cake, ice cream, and a movie. Well, it was an ice cream cake. Rossi bought the girl an amazing ice cream cake made by one of the best cooks in London. Once everyone was settled, Prentiss popped in a movie for everyone to watch. Watching a movie was. Weekly thing the team used to do with Juliet. As the night progressed, Juliet drifted off to sleep on Emily's lap. The team continued to talk, but then it was time for them to head back to their hotel.
"We'll be by tomorrow morning with breakfast," JJ said as she said goodbye to her friend.
"Okay," Emily said and smiled. They all left after they helped clean up, and said goodnight. Prentiss was quite satisfied by how the day turned out, and she knew Juliet would agree with her.