The Last Goodbye

Two weeks later...
Today was the last week in March, and Juliet's birthday was coming up. To be more specific, it was the nineteenth and her birthday was the twenty-fifth.
Secretly, the team made plans to fly out and visit, but neither Juliet nor Emily knew.

Emily woke up bright and early, so she could get ready and so she wouldn't miss her flight. The apartment was basically empty. They sent everything to London over the past two weeks, so there were only a few things left. Quietly, she walked into Juliet's room and woke her up. They ate breakfast together, then got together their little carry on bags. Once everything was packed, Prentiss took her girl's hand as they said goodbye to their first home.
"I'm going to miss this place," Juliet said quietly.
"Me too," Emily sighed.
Then they got in the car and headed off to the airport.

When they arrived, Emily got their tickets and they took a seat to wait until their flight was called. The plane didn't leave for another forty minutes. After fifteen minutes, Juliet looked up to see a familiar face.
"Spence!" she squealed as she stood up to hug him. Emily put down the book she was reading to say hi too. With him was the rest of her team, except for Hotch.
"What are you guys doing here?" Emily asked as she hugged JJ.
"We wanted to give you a proper goodbye," Garcia said, hugging Juliet.
The kid smiled. She knew she was going to miss them all, and it was really starting to get to her.

The team sat down and spent the next thirty minutes talking to Emily and her charming daughter. Once their time was up, a big frown came across Juliet's face. She immediately got nervous and grabbed onto Reid.
"I don't want to leave you," she said sadly.
"I know, me neither. I'm going to text you and call you everyday though, okay?" he offered.
"It won't be the same," she said.
"I know," he replied with.
"Jules are you ready?" Emily asked as she let go of Derek. She had just finished giving everyone a goodbye hug, and was starting to get emotional, but she didn't want them to see it.
Juliet nodded sadly, and gave everyone one last hug, before attaching herself to Emily and shoving her head into her side. Prentiss knew this was coming, she just knew Juliet was going to break and not want to leave everyone, and to be honest, she didn't blame her.
"Mom, I'm scared I'm going to miss them too much," the child said and her voice cracked, which broke Emily's heart.
The older brunette looked up at her team, and every one of them had glossy eyes and a sad smile. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to be able to comfort Juliet and tell her it was okay, but how could she do that, if she didn't believe it herself.
While she was in the middle of her thoughts, their plane was called for final boarding.
"Okay, Jules we have to go," Emily said.
Juliet looked up and nodded, but took a hold of Emily's hand.
"I love you all, and please tell Hotch we wished he came today," Prentiss said calmly.
"Will do," JJ said with smile as she watched her best friend walk away and board the plane.

Once Emily and Juliet were on, Juliet completely brown down crying over missing the team already. Emily pulled her onto her lap and held her. The kid eventually calmed down enough, and fell asleep in Prentiss' arms.
Emily knew leaving the team behind felt wrong, but she knew that she couldn't stay there. She felt trapped at the office. With Hotch everything was different. She didn't know what mood he'd be in, and lately, it's been a cranky mean mood. He would snap at her and have no patience. She didn't know why though. It made her sad to think they could've been something great, but it didn't work out. The whole plane ride, she questioned her decision to leave and of it was based solely off of Aaron. It kept her thinking.

The team
The team watched Emily leave...again.
"She's really gone?" Reid asked, in almost a childish tone.
"Yeah, and she took the sweet girl with her," Garcia added.
"Maybe it's for the best. Her and Hotch have been at each other for the past month, she deserves a new start," JJ said, even though she wished Emily stayed and worked things out with their boss.
"I agree with JJ. However, I think she could've stayed and worked things out with Aaron," Rossi said to his colleagues. They all turned and began walking out, back to their cars.
"Do you think she'll ever come back?" Reid wondered aloud.
"Yes," Morgan answered him.
"How can you be sure?"
"It's Emily. She won't be able to resist coming back to see us, not to mention her daughter. Juliet will want to come back and visit as much as possible," Derek explained.
"I hope you're right," Spencer said.
"Me too," Garcia added, as well as JJ.