Bullies

"Juliet!" Garcia exclaimed as she noticed the small child enter the BAU with Agent Prentiss. She was standing with JJ,  Morgan and Reid. Juliet looked up and forced a smile, but all the profilers could see something was wrong. When they looked at Emily, it was clear something was up with her too. Garcia seemed to fit the puzzle pieces together and walked over to the younger child. She put her arm around her and said,
"Why don't you spend the day with me?" Juliet looked up and replied,
"Am I allowed to?"
Penelope looked over at Emily who nodded in agreement, then took the child back to her lair.
JJ was the first to ask Emily,
"What happened?"
Prentiss let out a big breath.
"It's that bad?" Reid asked.
Emily looked confused.
"That's your tell," he explained.
She rolled her eyes and continued,
"We got in a bit of a disagreement a few nights ago, and now she won't talk to me."
"What was it about?" JJ asked.
"I told her I wanted to talk to her principal about her being bullied, but she thought I would just make it worse."
"Em, Juliet just wants to be like you, and face her problems on her own. She doesn't want her FBI mommy to step in and help," Morgan told her.
Emily still didn't completely understand.
"So, she would rather be bullied everyday and figure it out herself, then get the bullying to stop, but I would be the one to help her. I don't get it." Morgan lightened up a bit and responded by saying,
"Let me put it this way. What would you do if you were being bullied in the BAU by someone you worked with?" Emily made a face and said,
"What does this have to do with anything?"
"Just answer the question," Morgan demanded.
"Okay. I would want to figure out what their problem was with me," Emily stated.
"Exactly, so you wouldn't want your mom to talk to Hotch or Strauss about it, would you? Juliet just wants to do this on her own. I'm not saying its a good idea, but it's what she's thinking." "Yeah, but she's eleven, I'm not. That's the difference," Emily tried to point out.
Derek just shook his head,
"Listen to me Em, you know I'm right." He walked away and went back to his desk to do some paper work. That left Emily with JJ and Reid.
"I agree with Morgan," Reid said.
"Me too," JJ added.
Emily sighed and sat down to do some work.

Back in Penelope's lair, Garcia started by asking what was wrong. Juliet told Penelope everything that happened, and how Emily was screaming at her. "Juliet, Emily was just trying to help you," Garcia started to say.
"Oh, not you too," Juliet complained. "You know I'm right. Emily just wants the people to stop being mean to you, that's all," Garcia said.
"I told her I could handle it," Juliet protested.
"I know, but it's her maternal and FBI instincts kicking in. She wants to protect you from any form of danger, or threat," Penelope explained.
Juliet sighed and rolled her eyes.
"Hey, listen to me," Garcia said a little strictly, making the child meet her gaze.
"You need to talk to Emily and figure this out, because I don't want to hear that you're fighting with her. It breaks my heart and I know you don't like it, and neither does she."
Juliet was a little surprised at the outburst, but took what she said into consideration. The child nodded and said,
"Okay." Penelope smiled and pulled Juliet into a hug.

For the rest of the day, Emily sat at her desk and did a lot of paper work, while Juliet hung out with Penelope. At around twelve, the team order a pizza and ate together. No one talked about how Juliet and Emily couldn't even stand to be in the same room with each other. After they ate, the team and Juliet returned to what they were doing earlier.
When four o'clock rolled around, Prentiss decided to leave early, so she could stop by the school to pick up Juliet's work. Before going, she stopped by Garcia's lair to get her child.
"Come on Juliet, we're leaving," Emily said as she entered the room.
"Can we stay for ten more minutes?" the child pleaded.
"No, I said we're leaving. And that means now. Let's go," Agent Prentiss stated firmly, even scaring Garcia a little. Juliet was scared, so she quickly packed up her stuff and walked out the door leaving Emily and Garcia. Prentiss sighed.
"Em, are you okay?" Penelope asked concerned.
"I'm fine, she just likes being difficult sometimes," Emily said leaving her friend. Juliet quickly walked out of the BAU and got in the elevator to leave. Emily had to run to catch up. Once she reached the elevator, it was closing, but she made it just in time. They didn't speak in the elevator or the car.

Emily pulled up to the school and got out of the car. Juliet followed her and entered the building. Prentiss went straight to the main office and asked for Juliet's absent work.
"Here you go, but you're going to need your math textbook for some of this?" the lady said handing Emily a folder with papers.
"Thank you," Emily and Juliet said in unison. They began to walk out, but Juliet stopped and said,
"Wait, my textbook is in my locker." "Okay, so run and get it, I'll wait here," Prentiss responded. Juliet walked quickly to her locker and opened it, but when she closed it, there were two girl standing there smiling at her, Chelsea and Angelina.
Juliet really wasn't in the mood to talk to them.
"What do you want?" Juliet asked, annoyed.
"I think you know. We want to finish what we started," Chelsea said. Juliet's bruise was still very visible so Angelina said,
"It looks like someone beat us to it, Chels." They both laughed at her and Chelsea went to touch Juliet's bruise but she quick to back up into the lockers.
"Why are you even still here?" Juliet asked.
"We're in drama club," Chelsea said.
"Shocker," Juliet responded sarcastically.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Chelsea asked, getting offended. Juliet smiled a bit, because she knew she was starting to get to them. She just rolled her eyes and started to walk away. "Where do you think you're going? I didn't say you could leave," Chelsea spat out, blocking Juliet from walking away. Juliet pushed right past her and continued walking, but Chelsea grabbed her arm.
"Let go of me," Juliet said firmly.
"Or what?" Chelsea asked smirking. "You'll be sorry you ever laid a hand on me," Juliet said trying to walk away. Chelsea and Angelina bursted out laughing.
"It's not funny," Juliet said.
"We think it is," Chelsea said loosening her grip on the girl.
"I'm serious," Juliet said back, getting annoyed. Chelsea and Angelina just continued to laugh. Juliet tried ripping her arm out of Chelsea's hand, but failed.
"What did I just tell you. I'm in charge here, so stop trying to escape," Chelsea said getting serious and tightening her grip on Juliet.
"Ow, let go," Juliet shrieked in pain. Chelsea dug her nails into Juliet's arm and said while smiling,
"You can't make me."
"She may not be able to, but I can,"
a strong female voice said from behind the girls.