Dinner

Emily stopped at the BAU to grab something before getting Juliet. She walked into Penelope's lair to see how her kid was. With a knock at the door, Garcia sprang up to find Prentiss standing there with her bag.
"Where have you been? I was expecting you back last night, so when you didn't show it really worried me. Then your daughter freaked out because she thought something happened to you. I called JJ and she said you weren't with her and that you were still at the office last time she saw you. What do you have to say for yourself missy?" Garcia exclaimed. Emily just smiled and said, "Don't worry about me, I'm fine." Garcia was still confused so she said, "Where did you stay last night?" Prentiss paused then said quickly,
"I stayed at Hotch's. Nothing happened though, so don't get all excited." Penelope's eyes widened and her face broke into a huge grin.
"You stayed with the boss man!? Oh my god, and you're just getting home now? Jeez how many times did you guys do it?" Emily had a disgusted look on her face and her jaw dropped. She said, "Ew. Garcia, nothing happened I said. And you can't tell anybody, got it? We don't need rumors going around." Penelope's nodded then Prentiss said, "I'm going to pick Juliet up from school, I'll be right back." Garcia was still in shock over what she heard, but let her go without anymore questions.

Emily rushed out to her car and drove to the school. She parked where she normally waited for Juliet.
When the last bell rang, Juliet walked out all alone, which made Emily a little sad. The girl looked around and when she saw Prentiss in her car, she started running towards it. Emily got out of the car and went to meet her daughter. Juliet threw her bag on the floor and jumped into her mother's arms. Emily held her girl close and said,
"I missed you so much."
Juliet pulled back and noticed the bandage on her moms face.
"What happened?" she asked, suddenly getting all serious.
"Nothing, I'm okay," Emily said quickly. Juliet just gave her a sad look.
"Hotch said he was sorry for letting me get hurt. He wants to make it up to you tonight. We're going to his house for dinner and Jack is going to be there," Prentiss told her. The smile returned to Juliet's face.
"Really?!"
"Yeah, and he said not to worry, that he has a chess board himself."
"Yay! This is the best thing I've heard all day!" the kid yelled.
Emily put her daughter down and she climbed back into the car. Juliet hopped in behind her and smiled the whole way back to the BAU.
"We're only going to be here for like an hour, two tops, so I need to get as much work done as I can," Emily told Juliet as they rode the elevator up to the sixth floor. Juliet nodded and reached for her mother's hand. Prentiss gave her hand a little squeeze before walking out. Emily went to her desk and started her work immediately. Juliet started working on her homework too.
Time flew by and it was almost five-thirty.
"Ready to go?" Emily asked.
Juliet nodded and began packing up her things.
"Okay, I'll be right back," Prentiss said getting up and walking over to her boss' office. She knocked on the door and he responded instantly.
"Hey, just wanted to make sure we're still on for tonight," Emily said poking her head in his office. He smiled.
"Yes, why don't you guys come over around six thirty."
"Sounds good," Emily replied.
"I'll see you later," he said as she walked out and back to her desk.
Juliet took Emily's hand and they made their way to their car. Prentiss drove home and on the way, Juliet fell asleep. When they got there and the car turned off, the girl woke up.
"We're home, Jules," Emily said, turning around. Juliet rubbed her eyes and got out of the car. When they got to the apartment, Juliet went straight to her room, and put her pajamas on. After a while, Emily went to go check on her.
"Juliet?" she asked knocking on the door lightly and walking in. The little girl was curled up in a ball sleeping. She was on top of the blankets and was totally passed out. Prentiss took a seat on the edge of the bed and pushed the child's hair away from her face. Juliet looked so peaceful when she slept, and Prentiss loved it. Juliet woke up at Emily's touch and turned to face her mom.
"I missed you," she whispered.
"I missed you too," Emily said, running her fingers through Juliet's hair.
"When are we going to Hotch's?" the kid asked.
"About a half hour," Emily said.
"Can I sleep for now?" Juliet wondered.
"Sure," Prentiss said bending down and kissing her head.
"I'm going to be in the kitchen if you need me, okay?"
Juliet nodded and rolled over to sleep.

Finally, it was six fifteen and both Juliet and Emily were getting ready to go.
"Can I leave my pajamas on?" the kid asked. Emily shook her head and said,
"No, get changed. You can bring them if we stay late, but I want you to wear your normal day clothes."  Juliet nodded and did just what her mother told her to do. Then, they left and headed to Hotch's.
With a knock on the door, Aaron answered it with a big smile.
"Hotch!" Juliet exclaimed jumping into his arms. He picked her up and swung her around then set her down.
"Jack is in his room if you want to go see him," he said. Juliet nodded and went off to play. Then, Aaron looked over at Emily and smiled.
"I'm glad you came," he told her.
"Thanks for having us," she said back. There was a brief moment of silence, then Hotch said,
"Dinner will be done in about ten minutes. Can I get you a drink?"
"Sure," she replied. He led her into his kitchen an pulled out a bottle of wine. He poured himself and Emily a glass, then Jack and Juliet bursted into the room laughing. When Jack noticed Emily, he ran over for a hug.
"Emily!" he screamed.
"Hey, buddy," she said back.
"I'm so happy you're here! Daddy let me pick out a movie for after dinner!"
"Really. What movie?" Prentiss asked.
"The Incredibles!" the kid yelled.
"I love that movie," Juliet added.
Emily smile and then wrapped her arms around the little boy in front of her.
"Dinner's done," Aaron said closing the oven and turning it off.
"Do you need any help with anything?" Emily asked.
"No. You can just take a seat with the kids."
Prentiss sat down at the table with Jack on one side of her and Juliet on the other.
When Aaron set out all the food, he asked in a teasing manner,
"What if I wanted to sit next to Emily?" The kids laughed and Jack said,
"You can sit next to her during the movie."
Aaron smiled at his son and sat across from Prentiss.
"Let's eat!" Aaron said.
The two little families ate their meal happily. Jack and Juliet did most of the talking.  Every now and then, Emily would glance over at Hotch, only to find him already looking at her. She shot him a smile and he turned away quickly. After about an hour of talking and eating, they decided to start the movie. Juliet and Jack ran off to get changed into their pajamas and Aaron and Emily cleaned up.
"Thank you for dinner. It was delicious. If I knew you were this good of a cook, I would've come over sooner," Emily said teasingly.
"Oh, you only came for the food?" Hotch asked in the same playfully tone.
"Well, why else would I be here, aside from the fact that you owed my daughter due to a broken promise," she replied with a little smirk.
Aaron slowly put the last dish away, and walked closer to her. Emily started to get nervous as he got closer. Every step closer he took, she would gradually move back. Then, she hit the counter with her back and there was no where else to go.
"I think there was another reason why you came tonight," Aaron said, now face to face with the woman. She was speechless. He had her cornered and and put his hands on her waist. Then Aaron started to lean into her very slowly as if waiting for her to back away quickly. She found herself doing the same thing and just before their lips touched, both kids ran in screaming. Instantly, Hotch let go of Prentiss and backed away.
"Daddy, can we start the movie?" Jack asked.
"Sure, let's go," Aaron said taking his kid's hand and stared walking into the living room. Juliet looked up at her mom, who's face was as red as a tomato.
"Are you okay?" the girl asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go," Emily said trying to hide a smile.