Paris

When Juliet opened her eyes, she didn't remember where she was, or how she got there. She felt the bed move a little and turned over to find Emily next to her, sleeping peacefully.
"Mom," Juliet whispered.
Emily shifted a little, but didn't wake up. She tried again, a little louder, "Mom." Prentiss' eyes shot opened and she looked at her child lovingly. "Morning, sweetie," Emily said softly. Juliet didn't know what to do. Prentiss was still extremely tired so she opened up her arms and offered Juliet a spot between them, which the child took willingly. Juliet squeezed in between Emily's warm arms and snuggled up to her mom. Emily and Juliet were now facing each other and the child could now see how tired the women really was. Prentiss was about to close her eyes once more, but there was a knock at the door.
"Come in," Emily said a bit louder.

Elizabeth Prentiss peeked her head in and said,
"I thought I heard voices, how did you guys sleep?" Juliet turned to face her grandmother and smiled.
"Good," the child said before looking back at her mom. Emily agreed and drew her hand to her daughter's long brown hair. Without realizing she ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. Juliet just let Emily hold her and play with her hair. The ambassador felt a bit out of place so she walked closer to the bed and said,
"Emily, dear, it almost two o'clock, is there anything you wanted to do before the day is over?" Prentiss looked away from Juliet and up at her mother. Honestly, Emily was just super tired and wanted to lay in bed with her girl all day. However, she knew Juliet wanted to do some fun things before they would have to leave on Tuesday. Juliet's school had Monday and Tuesday off for Teacher meeting days. So, Emily thought then would be the perfect time for a trip to Paris. Turns out, she was right.
"Um, what if we hang low for the rest of the day, but maybe go out to dinner near the Eiffel Tower around six. I want Juliet to see it glow at night," Emily offered.
"That's a bit of a drive, but why not. That sounds lovely," Elizabeth replied. When Emily said the ''Eiffel Tower,'' Juliet got excited and looked up into her mom's eyes.
"I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower," the child said joyfully.
"Perfect, I'll make reservations for three at six," Elizabeth said walking toward the door. Emily just smiled and looked back at her kid. Juliet smiled back. They stayed cuddled up for another fifteen minutes, then Prentiss decided she should get up and go talk to her mother. They got up together and walked out into the living room. Elizabeth Prentiss was sitting on the couch with a cup of tea, and she was reading a book. Once Emily walked in, she looked up.
"I didn't think you were going to be getting out of bed, until six," the ambassador joked. Prentiss just chuckled and took a seat next to her mother, with her daughter right behind her. After she sat down, she pulled Juliet onto her lap. The child snuggled right up to her mom and rested her head on her. Elizabeth smiled at the sight of her daughter and granddaughter. She still wasn't used to the idea of being a grandmother, or the fact that her daughter had a kid. The Prentiss women sat and talked until 4:00. Then, Emily and Juliet decided to got get ready for dinner. They each took a shower and got dressed. Juliet was wearing a cute little dress that was white with pink flowers. Emily had on a red dress that fit her well, and Ambassador Prentiss had on a navy blue dress. Emily was doing her makeup in her mirror and noticed Juliet staring at her. Prentiss smiled and eyed the girl.
"What?" she asked innocently. "Nothing. You're just really pretty," Juliet said blushing and looking away. Emily turned around.
"What me to do your hair?" she asked. Juliet nodded her head and smiled. Prentiss walked toward her daughter and had her sit down. She pulled her hair back and did a little French twist in the front then clipped it. The child's hair was already a little wavy, so the twist finished it off. Juliet looked up into the mirror and her face lit up when she saw what Emily did to her hair. It was so simple, yet so pretty. Emily looked in the mirror too and said to her daughter,
"You're even more gorgeous, Juliet." The child's cheeks turned bright red and she smiled big.
"You both look perfect," Elizabeth said from the doorway. Both Emily and Juliet turned around.
"Ready?" the ambassador asked. Prentiss nodded and grabbed her purse.

They all loaded into the limo and Carlton drove them to the restaurant. On the way, Elizabeth talked to Juliet about school and how she was doing. They finally arrived at the restaurant in Paris and they were seated outside. Once they took a seat, Juliet was able to look up and see the Eiffel Tower. It was beautifully bright and lit up. Juliet was amazed and in awe.
"It's beautiful," she whispered.
Emily smiled at her kid and was so happy to see her enjoying herself for once. After they ordered, Juliet couldn't stop from looking at the large tower next to them.
"It's not going to go away, if you stop looking at it, you know that, right?" Emily wondered. Without moving her head she said,
"Yeah, but I don't want to miss a second of it."
Soon enough, the food arrived and the Prentiss family ate it with pleasure. When they finished, the ambassador paid for their meal and offered to go on a night walk. Of course Juliet agreed. Before leaving, Emily took out her phone and asked her mother to take a picture of her and Juliet in front of the tower. She smiled big, and so did her kid. Then, they began to walk around. Emily was on one side of Juliet, and Elizabeth was on the other. Both were holding her hands. They looked liked the perfect family. After their long walk, Juliet started to get tired. Prentiss looked down and noticed her daughter was yawning.
"Sweetie, are you getting sleepy?"
Juliet looked up and nodded tiredly. Prentiss gave her mother a look and they took a seat at the closest bench. The ambassador called her driver to come pick them up, and within a matter of minutes he arrived. They all piled into the car, and Juliet was so tired, that she laid down on Emily's lap and closed her eyes. Prentiss began stroking her hair and started up a conversation with her mother. They talked about her job and how Juliet was doing. Emily told her mom how she was worried about Juliet, because of the bullies in school. The ambassador understood. Once the car pulled up at Elizabeth's place, they got out, and Emily carried Juliet all the way up to her room. She had to wake her up, so she could get changed. Slowly, Juliet's eyes opened and she took off her dress and put on her pajamas with the help of Emily. Then, Prentiss herself got changed and ready for bed. Juliet was already half asleep, when Emily joined her in bed. However, she still had the energy to cuddle up next to her mother. Emily wrapped her arms around Juliet and kissed her forehead saying, "Goodnight." Juliet said goodnight back, then drifted off into a deep sleep, preparing herself for the next day.