Consequences

Emily walked into the school carrying Juliet and went straight to the office. When she entered the office lady asked what happened.
"My daughter got into a fist fight with another girl in her grade. May I speak to the principal?" The lady nodded her head and directed Prentiss towards Mr. Sherman's office. She politely knocked and when he said "come in," she opened the door. He was surprised to see Juliet in her mother's arms crying. "Oh my, what happened?" he asked concerned.
"She got in a fight with Chelsea. A few punches were thrown and it didn't end well."
The principal sighed,
"This isn't the first time Chelsea started a fight. I'm sure Juliet wasn't the one who started it. I'll have her parents come in, that is if you're willing to talk to them." Emily nodded.
"Where is Chelsea?" Mr. Sherman asked.
"She's outside still. I had two of my coworkers stay with her. They came with me to pick Juliet up."
"Were there any other student there?" he wanted to know.
"Yes. I heard and saw the very end of the fight and Ellie, and one of Chelsea's friends were there the whole time," Prentiss explained. He thanked her then went out to get Chelsea and the others. Emily was told to wait in his office and not leave. She took a seat and pulled Juliet back a little so she could get a look at her. Fresh tears were still falling down and she could barely keep her eyes open because of the flood of water.
"Mommy, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got in to me. Please don't hate me," Juliet pleaded falling back into Emily. Prentiss wrapped her arms around the child and whispered, "Honey, I could never hate you. I love you so much and I couldn't be more proud. To be honest, if it were me, I wouldn't have been able to stop at one punch." That remark made Juliet smile. She pulled her head back and looked into Prentiss' even browner eyes. Emily used one of her hands and wiped away Juliet tears. The child sniffled a bit then leaned back onto her mom.
"It's all going to be okay. I'm going to figure this out," Emily reassured her daughter. Just then, the door bursts open, and the principal returned with JJ, and Garcia.
"I sent Ellie back to her mom's room and Angelina went home. They both told me what happened and if neither is lying, then their story lines up. I know exactly what happened and how to fix it. Chelsea is in the conference room with her parents and I would like to speak with you privately, just the parents." Emily of course didn't want to leave her kid and she knew damn well Juliet wasn't going to let go easily, so she nodded and quickly handed her daughter off to JJ, then followed the principal out. Juliet didn't have time to react and when Emily let go of her, she felt like crying all over again. It was weird, the effect Emily had on Juliet. Juliet felt so safe and in place when Emily was with her, but without her, it seemed like just about everything could go wrong and nothing seemed to work. JJ sat down with Juliet on her lap and talked to her. She knew the child just wanted Emily, and that she wanted to cry, but of course she wouldn't because she's becoming just like her mom. Penelope even tried cheering Juliet up and it worked for a little bit.
"I'm tired, and I just want to go home," Juliet whimpered.
"Then rest your head on me and if you fall asleep, I'll just carry you to the car, or Emily can when she's done. You don't have to stay awake," JJ said. Juliet did just that, and she was so exhausted that she fell asleep within minutes.

Meanwhile...
Emily followed the principal to a private room and inside were the Burkes. Right away, Mrs. Burke started to apologize.
"We're so sorry. Chelsea's done this before for attention. We know how to handle this though. We just hope that you won't press charges." Emily looked surprised. She could not understand how the parents were so nice, yet their child was a mean girl.
"I'm not pressing charges or anything. All I ask, is that the bullying stops. I don't want any trouble. Juliet's been through a lot, so I'd hate for her to come to school and have a hard time too." The Burkes looked relived and agreed.
"So I was thinking since both kids punched each other they should both be punished. Now I don't want anything to go on their permanent record, so how about they each have to help a teacher after school everyday for a week. They can help tidy up and clean or something."
Both Emily and the Burkes nodded in agreement.
"Also, Chelsea is getting lunch detention for three days. Our school is bullying free, so we can't have her being mean to other kids and getting away with it," the principal explained. The Burkes understood and Mr. Sherman dismissed them. Emily rushed out and went to her child who was asleep on JJ. When Emily walked in the room, Juliet woke up because if the door shutting loudly. She was half asleep, but saw Emily. She reached her arms out for Prentiss to take her. Prentiss picked up her daughter and started to walk out with her friends close behind. Juliet closed her eyes again, not wanting to see the sympathetic looks from others and especially not Chelsea's smug face. Once they reached the car, Prentiss placed Juliet in the back seat with Garcia then hopped in the front next to JJ and drove home. Juliet fell back asleep and didn't wake up until she was home. Emily got out and carried her kid up to their apartment, and JJ and Garcia followed. Juliet kept her eyes shut so Emily would think she was sleeping. Prentiss walked in and brought Juliet to her room. She told her friends that they could wait in the living room and she'd be out soon. They made themselves comfortable and turned the tv on. Emily laid Juliet on the bed, took her shoes off and pulled the blankets up over her. She kissed her forehead before walking out and joining her friends. When JJ saw Emily return, she asked,
"How are you doing?"
Emily replied without thinking,
"She's sleeping right now, but when she wakes up I'm sure she'll be okay."
JJ paused then said,
"That's good, but I asked how you were doing. Gosh, Em. Ever since Juliet walked into your life you haven't even had time to think about yourself, have you?"
That made Emily really think.
"I guess you're right. Anyways, I'm fine."
"Are you sure?" Penelope wondered. Emily gave her a look as if to stop pushing her.
"Em, cmon you can tell us anything. What's bothering you," JJ said. Prentiss took a deep breath then told her friends about the whole thing that happened with Chelsea while they were presenting.
"She asked if Morgan was her dad?!" Garcia exclaimed. Emily nodded and said,
"She knew the answer too. Chelsea was just asking to upset Juliet, and it worked." JJ and Garcia shook their heads in disbelief.
"I just can't believe someone would be so mean to our sweet Juliet," Penelope stated.
"Me neither," Emily said back.
"I'm just worried about her. I do wonder if she ever misses her birth parents, because she doesn't talk to me about those things. I want to know, but I don't know how to ask without making her feel bad," Preniss continued.
"You just have to talk to her and tell her that. She knows she can talk to you about anything," JJ reassured her friend.
"But I feel bad bringing it back up. And what if she won't tell me? I can't yell at her again, because that was just awful," Emily said with the hopes of an answer. "Emily, you're her mom now. You know what's best for her, and you need to trust your gut instinct," JJ said. Emily nodded her head and understood what her friend meant. Then, Emily decided to put some tea on for her friends and they sat around and talked for the rest of the evening.

Around six, JJ said she had to go home to start dinner for her and Will and of course Henry. That left Garcia, and Emily. A little while after JJ left, Penelope and Emily heard a cry from the other room.
"Mommy," Juliet whimpered once more. Emily sighed and got up to go see her daughter.
"Sorry, but I should go," Prentiss said as she began to get up.
"I have to go home too. Kevin is coming over. Good luck with the little one. I'll text you later," Garcia said as she started for the door. Emily smiled then walked towards Juliet's room.
"Emily where are you?" Juliet shrieked. Prentiss pushed open the door and rushed to her child's bed.
"Honey, I'm right here," Prentiss said sitting down next to Juliet who was up straight and crying. Right away, Juliet put her arms around Emily and held on to her as her tears fell. Prentiss reacted quickly and joined her daughter on the bed.
"What's wrong?" Emily asked.
Juliet didn't answer. Prentiss laid down and motioned for Juliet to follow. Juliet snuggled up to Emily and closed her eyes. The only way she could escape reality now, was by dreaming, and that's exactly what she did.