Telling the team

Emily woke up to the sweet smell of Julie's hair close to her face. She looked down to see the kid all snuggled up in her blankets next to her. Carefully, she got up to shower and get ready for work. After turning the water off and stepping out, she returned to her room to find Juliet in the same state she left her in.

Emily got ready for work and then walked into the kitchen to start breakfast. When Juliet woke up, she stumbled or of bed and went into the kitchen, knowing exactly what Prentiss was up to. At the sound of light footsteps, the older brunette turned to see a sleepy child rubbing her eyes.
Juliet examined Emily's face and it was clear she had been crying and she still looked completely exhausted.
"Are you okay?" Juliet asked quietly as she walked over to the woman.
"I will be." She paused and then smiled at her kid, "Thank you for coming in last night. I'm really sorry for waking you."
"I never went to sleep and then I heard you and Hotch fighting so I came down to listen," Juliet told her.
"I'm sorry you heard us," Emily apologized. The girl nudged her head into Emily's side and wrapped her arms around her. Prentiss respond to the hug and whispered,
"I love you, kid."
She kissed the top of her head and then brushed the hair out of her face.

The Prentiss women finished getting ready and made their way to the BAU.
Emily was extremely nervous, and Juliet just felt bad for her mom. While they were in the elevator, Juliet reached up and grabbed her mother's hand for support. Emily glanced down and smiled. When they arrived at the sixth floor, Emily was surprised to see everyone surrounding her desk. Garcia was in tears and Reid looked confused. Derek was doing his best to comfort Penelope but it didn't seem to be working. With his arms crossed, Aaron stood next to a sad looking JJ and concerned Rossi.
"What's going on?" Emily asked when she saw all her friends.
"You're leaving?" Garcia asked in a small voice. Emily's eyes shot over to Hotch.
"You told them. Aaron it wasn't your place to-"
"It wasn't him," Rossi said as he put his hand up.
"What?" Emily questioned.
"I saw applications for a new agent and forced him to tell me why he was looking into it. We were all sitting in the conference room when I brought it up. He didn't want to tell us, but we all basically made him."
Emily was speechless. She didn't know what to say, then she remembered the innocent child holding her hand, and words came to her.
"Juliet and I need a new start. After everything that's happened to her, I think she needs a change in scenery. Also, Clyde Easter offered me a job in London...which I took," Emily paused, waiting for everyone reactions.
"You're leaving us again?" Reid asked.
Emily looked over at the boy genius.
"But I feel like we were just starting to get you back," he added.
"We'll visit as much as we can," Juliet said, which made Garcia break down.
"I didn't mean to make her cry," Juliet said in a worried voice as she looked up at Emily.
Prentiss gave the girl a small smile and said,
"I know, honey."
The blonde was crying onto Derek, totally torn up about Emily leaving.
Reid wasn't too happy about it too. In fact, the number one thing he hated was change. As it registered in his mind, he got up to walk away.
"Reid," Emily called, but he kept walking. She let of of Juliet's hand to try and follow him, but Rossi stopped her.
"Let him go. He'll come around," the older man said.
"When do you leave?" JJ asked.
"Within the next two weeks," Prentiss replied. JJ nodded and said,
"I'm not saying I like the decision you made, but because you're my friend, I'm going to support you either way."
Emily walked over to her and hugged her as she whispered,
"Thank you," in her ear.
"Don't worry about Reid, you know how he is," JJ said to him. Juliet was now trying to comfort Penelope.
"What am I going to do without you, my little ray of sunshine?" Garcia asked.
"I'll call you everyday and text you," Juliet promised as she looked up at the woman. Garcia nodded and then bent down to hug Juliet. The child was rather concerned for her favorite profiler, Dr. Spencer Reid. She walked back over to her mom and said,
"Where did Spencer go?"
"I don't know," Emily said.
"Why did he just leave?" Juliet wondered.
"Spencer just doesn't like change," JJ explained and Juliet nodded. She leaned her head on Emily and felt bad about leaving the team. They were her family, and leaving them felt wrong. However, families do split up every now and then, but they always end up coming back together.

Emily and Juliet spent that day in the office and Prentiss cleaned out her desk with the help of Juliet. Throughout the whole day, they didn't see a sign of Reid, and Emily was starting to worry.
Once it was five, Emily walked into Hotch's office to talk to him.
"Excuse me," she said quietly, and he looked up. Both adults still had feelings for each other, but the job and many other things got in the way.
"Hi," Aaron said.
"So, I finished cleaning out my desk. I'm ready to sign the papers," Emily said as she walked in.
"Why don't you take a seat, Em. I wanted to talk to you," he offered. Prentiss took a seat across from him and waited to hear what he was going to say.
"So-,"
She cut him off.
"Aaron, let's make this easier. Just give me the papers so I can sign them and leave. I really don't want to have another fight like last night."
"I wasn't going to yell at you."
"Then what is it?" she asked.
"I don't want you to leave," he said.
"I already talked to Clyde and planned everything out. It's too late to back out now," she explained.
"So, tell him you changed your mind. We can work out our problems. I lost my first love to the job, I don't want to lose you too."
The next thing Emily said was a lie. She said it to protect herself from her true emotions. After a deep breath she started with,
"It was a mistake."
"What?" he asked in disbelief.
"Us. We never should've tried to have a relationship. Especially since we worked together," she nearly choked on her words.
"You don't mean that," Hotch said.
"Just give me the papers," she demanded.
Slowly, he handed her the transferring papers and she sighed them quickly. Then, she handed them back to him and got up to leave.
"When's the next time I'll see you?" he asked, knowing she wouldn't be returning to the BAU.
She walked over to him silently and hugged him while whispering,
"I'm sorry."
He didn't hug her back. He couldn't. If he had, he would've never let go. Sadly, Hotch watched her leave without saying anything.

"Ready?" Emily asked Juliet. Who was waiting by her desk.
"Mom, where's Reid? I haven't seen him all day," Juliet mentioned.
"He's around some where," Emily replied, even though she really didn't know the answer.