Chapter 2

Alice's P.O.V :

It's morning and the sun is shining in my eyes. I turned away from the blinding light, and when I was relaxed someone from behind hugged my waist. For some weird reason, I relaxed under someone's mysterious touch. And then I felt that this person admired my sleeping form and stroked my cheek.

"Wake up, darling!" a sweet husky voice said. I wasn't pleased that someone was waking me up so I hid my face in the pillow. And then this person whined, my answer didn't please him. Then he kissed my neck.

"I can't bear spending a day without my beautiful soulmate," he said and started kissing my neck once more. His kiss is like a feather teasing my neck, it was tickling my neck. After a few more kisses I giggled and I turned my head to face him but...

Then I woke up, I looked at my surroundings and realized it's just a sweet dream. I checked my clock, it's eleven o'clock. I guess I have to get myself moving. I went to shower, then after this, I blow-dried my hair and started brushing my hair to get rid of tangles. After I finished brushing my hair, I started brushing my teeth and thought about what I will be doing until I'll find my mate

I got out of the bathroom, I looked at my window to determine what I should wear in this weather. It was sunny so I decided to wear my black t-shirt because black goes with everything you know, blue jeans and black vans. I decided that I don't want to wear any make-up, because I don't want to impress anybody. Satisfied with my natural look I headed downstairs to the kitchen.

I sat in the kitchen with Kelly and Kelly's mom. Kelly's mom was cooking until she felt my presence and greeted me warmly. Kelly's mom always helps our family, she always cooks us breakfast and usually Kelly's little sister would tag along with us and so was my brother. But since I graduated early it means that her sister is still in school. And since my brother is a future Beta he is at work he couldn't come. I guess Kelly decided to skip school. Kelly was already eating her breakfast so she didn't bother to say something she just waved at me with a mouth full of food.

"Here you go, Alice!" Kelly's mom said as she put a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon. I thanked her and started eating my food. After we ate Kelly's mom went back to her housework I guess. I didn't know why Kelly decided to skip school so I asked.

"Kelly, shouldn't you be at school right now?" When I asked Kelly's mouth widened, her expression told me that I should know the reason why she is skipping school but she saw that I had no idea. She closed her mouth and started explaining.

"Well my dear friend, since we will soon find our mates my mom let me skip the school, and today we will be watching Supernatural Mating Games One-year Aftermath!" Oh yeah now I remember, We always watched this show since we were kids. It's like our tradition. Supernatural Mating games is a famous TV show that is watched by millions of different creatures or species.

It's about people who couldn't find their soulmate amongst their species and were chosen by the Crystal of Eros to participate in the Games.

There are always different pairings and it's always helped make a strong relationship between species. The sad thing is that Werewolfs rarely participate in those games and our relationship with other creatures is on the verge of breaking. We have a weak connection to the Dragons, Sirens, Fairies, Werecats, Avians (bird shifter), Witches/Warlock. We have a connection with Vampires but it's at the breaking point.

The Supernatural Mating Games One-year Aftermath is about a couple who met their soulmates in those games and talked about their progress and struggles. It's a cute show where some couples had their first child while others were expecting their first child. I and Kelly supported an Earth Nymph and Werecat couple and it appears that they are indeed soulmates.

We sat on a sofa and started watching the show. The Hosts are a Charismatic Fairy named Charles Dust. He is famous since he hosted this show for a long time. I and Kelly started talking about couples that we never knew would be soulmates including a Male Fairy and a Witch. Fairies and Witches are enemies so are Sirens and Mermaids, Vampires and Werewolves, etc.

In the middle of our conversation, my brother came and he stood firm and started saying what he wanted to say mocking the messenger's gestures "Prince Alexander Wolf-Romanov...."

"Okay! Cut the crap with a super long name! What does he want?" Kelly said before Jake started saying those royal long-ass surnames. Alexander or Alex for short is the Prince of all Werewolves since we live in the Royal pack we are friends with him.

"To Hang out," my brother simply said. I and Kelly straightened our clothes and we both, with my brother, made our way to the castle. On our way pack members greeted us with respect which we didn't earn. Maybe they want to be on our good side? Well since I and Jake are kids of the Beta, Kelly is Delta's daughter. Well, anybody wants to befriend us or some people are waiting for us to offer to mate with them. Which is stupid, well we can mate someone who is not our mate, so that person could hold power in the Werewolf community. But I would rather find my soulmate even if I said I prefer not to have one, but I'm totally against arranged mating. Even if my partner will be handsome, rich, and powerful I know that I won't be happy.

"Alice we're here!" Kelly waved in front of my eyes. She thought I was daydreaming and Jake snickered at me and I glared at him. We were in front of the castle. I always admired the castle. It seems like I traveled through time. Since guards already know us they let us in easily. We walked through the hallway and saw our Queen with her assistant, we bowed our heads with respect and she smiled at us, and then we continued walking. Queen Alessa is like the mother of all werewolves; she is nice and beautiful for her age. Then we arrived at Prince's lounge, its hangout spot. We saw the Prince and a Future Gamma named David.

"So Alex, why are you inviting us?" I asked since I was confused. We rarely hang out since we became teenagers. We had our duties and goals. Then Alex tried to explain but then we heard a sound.

"Surprise!" Then out of nowhere King and Queen came out and then Kelly's parents, my father, David's parents came out too. Maids came with the cake and champagne, with the plates and other things. We were surprised like it was someone's birthday? Nope , clearly not mine.

"Since all of you guys are old enough to find your mates, we wanted to celebrate it !" The Queen explained taking a glass of champagne and raising it. All of us cheered and then someone turned the music and my friend started chatting with my brother.

"Alice, can we talk for a moment?" Alex asked me and I nodded. Alex or Alexander had dark brown hair and forest green eyes he had manly features that you will see in the Twilight movie. We escaped the loud room.

"So Alex, what did you want to talk about ?" I asked him calmly if the hallway was quiet, no guards or maids. Alex rubbed behind his head.

"Alice, if you somehow get a lower status mate, would you consider making me your mate instead?" He was nervous I could tell that. But I was so angry at him I thought he's better than that.

"Why would you want that!? You know I won't accept such a thing" I shouted at him. I know I probably overreacted but he shouldn't have asked me that he knew that I was against that kind of thing but why was he asking it?

"Because I loved you since we were kids, I can protect you, I can give you everything you want and make you happy! My parents like you and agree with that, your dad agrees with that too! Heck, even the council..."He desperately tried to convince me but I interrupted him.

"Alexsander I can't return your love, because I don't love you and we're not mates! Sorry but you know I can't agree with this ." I was sad and almost crying so I walked away from him. Even if I agree with being mateless, I would never betray my soulmate before rejecting him. I guess I could say my day is ruined.