Chapter 15

"You're only saying this right now!" I was holding my head from the late information I have been given and Mortimer looked at me with an apologetic expression. Why couldn't he say that sooner?

"I'm sorry my dear, I was busy and it never came up," Mortimer said as he hugged from behind and nuzzled to my neck. I stiffened from the contact, I just don't like him being close to my neck and it's bothering me.

"Forgive and forget?" Mortimer asked. I guess there's no point in arguing since it will be a waste of time, when I can use this time to prepare myself.

"Fine" I removed myself from Mortimer's embrace and went to my room, so I can choose an outfit for this appropriate occasion.

For those who don't know, a few members of the council that is part of the Supernatural Mating Games Makers community are gonna visit us in a few hours. They are making sure that we get along with each other like we are supposed to, treating each other like we should, etc. But if one of us gets abused, bullied, or being tormented by someone other than your mate. It's either a visit for the supernatural couple's therapist or they let you reject your soulmate for more than one year.

Sure I can pretend to be physically or mentally abused, but it sounds so wrong and if I do that I would feel guilty if I succeed. If I fail I will look bad in front of the council's eyes and Mortimer's. I can act that I have some psychological issues that make it hard enough to trust soulmates. With that my family will look bad in my mate's and council's eyes, but they will not give you permission for an early rejection they'll just send you to the therapist. So I have to answer their questions truthfully.

I don't have any idea what is appropriate to wear when the council is visiting you. Even though I interacted with the werewolf's council members when visiting them I wore something formal. When I interacted with them, they always appeared to me as snobs. I don't know anything about Game council since I've never interacted with those members. So I decided to wear a semi-formal outfit and put on a little of the make-up.

They arrived early. There were four of them, only two fairies, one werewolf, and one siren member. We greeted them formally as we could, but they appeared too cold-blooded, so they decided to split up and to interrogate us separately. To interrogate Mortimer went to one fairy and werewolf council and to interrogate me left the other two councils. We went to different parts of the house, to the library.

They asked me different kinds of questions sure there were about abuse/rape questions, there were only two questions about it since they knew that no one is treating me here in a bad way. But they asked questions such as 'What is the current status in the relationship?' , 'Why are we in this current status of the relationship?' etc.

"Does your past have something to do with your current outlook on soulmates?" That question startled me. Because it did affect my outlook on soulmates, like my mother's disappearance, if my mother is my dad's soulmate she wouldn't have left me at all. She would still be here. After my disappearance, I started to observe the surroundings and I kinda realized that the werewolf community is not really where you want to pursue your dreams. I always thought that she left us because she wanted to pursue her dreams. And that made me do the same except I wouldn't leave any of my children before I go on a journey of pursuing dreams.

"Maybe" I answered. They didn't question this topic anymore. They only asked me to give my hand and close my eyes and I feel that they are trying to look at my past. I guess that's how they find out if somebody is lying. After a few minutes, they went to the living room and asked me to wait for five minutes before entering the living room. I just stood in the hallway waiting for those five minutes.

"So how did it go? '' Out of a sudden I heard Mortimer's voice. He probably decided to look for me after finishing the conversation.

"I don't know, I just hope it will be enough for them, so they will never visit us again," I said. I don't want to sit there again for thirty minutes.

"Don't like being interrogated?"Mortimer asked and I just nodded. I don't like people whom I don't know personally asking me personal questions and insisting on answering.

"Well, we should probably go to hear the verdict." Mortimer smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist as we went to the living room. As we went to the living room we saw that they finished their discussion. They said that we do fine for now and they will visit us again in six months. And it was a relief hearing that.

People would ask why the council controls when we should reject? Because since I'm mated to the Siren I can't instantly reject him because that will cause a big conflict between the two species. The one-year rule helps to prevent conflict if your need to follow dreams is strong enough, then you can reject your soulmate after one year without causing any conflicts between species. So council helps to keep the peace between all different species.