Chapter 31

Two days left until the important ball that will determine the fate of the werewolf kind. I felt very nervous about the outcome, but it's not the only thing I'm worried about. I'm worried that I will be looked down on by the guests because I'm a werewolf and I am supposed to be the Luna Queen.

I've always hated the balls, some people are gossiping and giving you dirty looks or showing their envy, everyone in the ball tries to outshine everyone so they can get their wanted attention. I never liked the attention and popularity in my pack, it seems I can't avoid it here too.

Right now I'm back in the Blackborne's manor with Mortimer, so we can both prepare for the upcoming events. And since I don't like going to the balls, I have never thought of getting the gown for the ball. So my mother let me borrow her dress.

I was in the dressing room trying on dresses. Some of them are uncomfortable, too puffy, or I don't look worthy to be prince's mate. In the end, I chose the purple gown that is not that puffy but it was elegant and at the top of the dress you can see the rose patterns that are sewn beautifully, and it's had long sleeves so I don't have to worry about showing too much skin.

"Hmm, this dress suits you perfectly, but I think it needs to be something more for your status ." After my mother said that she started thinking about what can make it better.

"There are only two days left until the ball, I think I can work on her dress only if you wish so, ma'am," said the tailor and my mother's eyes glimmered instantly.

"That's a great idea!" So the tailor began adjusting my dress to my size.

"So how are things with Mortimer going? Are you planning to give me grandchildren soon?" My mother asked suggestively. I sighed and didn't know how to answer her question, but I didn't want to leave her without any answers.

"We never talked about having kids in the future, so I don't think you can expect it soon. We haven't even started a conversation about finishing the mating process. I guess you have to wait for a while and I don't think it's a good time to have children during the events ." I explained honestly to my mother as she nodded.

"It's kinda strange, but normally sirens will push their soulmates into finishing the mating process. Unless....." I almost got scared by this sentence, because I thought that I will be facing another relationship issue.

"Unless what?" I asked while gulping in fear.

"Unless Mortimer had taken a traditional pathway and waiting for the perfect moment to propose to you." My mother smiled at me. I never thought that Mortimer wanted to propose to me before finishing the mating process. I blushed while thinking that soon I'll have to go down the aisle to marry Mortimer.

But I'm still not sure since Mortimer can also wait until the conflict between werewolves and sirens is solved. I don't know if he's waiting to propose to me. I think I should observe and try not to hope for the proposal, but still, I need to have a conversation to clear some things.

Luckily, the tailor finished adjusting my dress to my size, so I was free to go. I sighed as I walked into the hallways. I wonder what Mortimer is doing. Maybe we can enjoy our time being together and hopefully that will lead to the conversation that I would like to have my answers from.

I was greeted with a sight of Mortimer being shirtless as I entered our guest room and I see Mortimer is changing his clothes and he picks to wear warmer clothes. I think he is going somewhere. As I entered our room Mortimer smiled at me.

"So did you find a dress that you'll wear to the ball?" Mortimer asked. As he started putting on his light blue colored warm shirt with long sleeves.

"Yeah, What about you? Are you going somewhere?" I asked.

"Yeah, I need to pick up my parents from the nearest beach, so I can make sure they'll get here safely," Mortimer explained. I saw his parents for like six months, plus I don't want to be alone here while Mortimer is picking up his parents.

"Can I come with you?" I asked him. Mortimer looked at me and smiled.

"Sure, but you don't have to, mea amor," Mortimer said and I still shook my head.

"But I still want to spend more time with you. " I said as I grabbed the jacket from the suitcase and as soon as Mortimer finished putting his clothes on.

In the car, we've been able to enjoy our conversation on random things but it's never come close to the conversation I was hoping to get. I could ask him, but I don't think we should talk about it in the car. I think it would be better if we talk about it in our room.

After we arrived at the beach Mortimer asked to wait for him in the car. I waited for a few long minutes then I finally saw him coming with his parents and Aquarius and I guess Mortimer's sisters didn't come. And I guess that Aquarius decided to come, as the crown prince he was required to go. Or he decided to come so he can hope that the conflict would be solved and he will find his soulmate.

I got out of the car so I could greet them. Mortimer's mother didn't show any negative expression when she saw only happiness in her eyes. Mortimer's mother hugged me as her greeting, Mortimer's father politely greeted me and Aquarius gave me just a polite nod.

I guess it didn't go as bad as I thought it would. Luckily the car had extra seats, since Mortimer can't drive a car he hires a driver. Normally, we wouldn't fit in the five-seat car, but Mortimer managed to get the seven-seat car.

We finally arrived at the Blackborne's manor. The ride wasn't horrible, but I noticed it was horrible for Aquarius since he stared at Mortimer with envious eyes as we cuddled in the car. As soon as we entered the manor my mother's voice was heard.

"Arthurine!" My mother squealed as she saw her old friend.

"Artemis!" Mortimer's mother answered back as they ran to each other and hugged. Mortimer's father, Mortimer, and Aquarius blinked in confusion just like me.

"So how do you guys know each other?" I asked my mother.

"We both went to Académie pour toutes les créatures and we both had almost the same schedule" My mother answered as they both went somewhere to catch up.

This day didn't end up as bad as I thought of and that gave me relief in my chest.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is more of Alice and Mortimer!