Chapter 16

After the council visited us , few weeks had passed already.During this time I stayed at the library that is in Mortimer's house or in town. I read few books and avoided reading romance genre books so I don't have any useless thoughts while I was trying to survive one year without falling in love.I still socialized with island's residents like Selena and Leon and their friends they still don't think that I'm Mortimer's soulmate , which I do not complain about. Selena would always asking me to help her apparently I give a good advises.

What about relationship with Mortimer it's really unavoidable . He always makes sure that everyday I should be given an affection. He either holds my hand ,give me a sweet kiss it's either on the lips ,cheek , forehead or on my temple or he gives me a compliment that would make me blush.At least  he stopped asking where I have gone to while he's working.

Right now it's moment when your brain is saying you slept too much you should wake up.I slowly tried to open my eyes and I feel that I'm in really comfortable position.I feel the someone's warmth , oh wait it's probably Mortimer. He always wakes up more early than me , but apparently I woke up more early .I fully opened my eyes , but then closed them since I need my eyes to get use to bright lighting.

"Good morning!How did you slept, my love?" Mortimer said in the husky voice. Never mind apparently he woke up first.

"Why do you always wake up more early than me?" I asked as I tried to concentrate my eyes .

"Living under the sea doesn't have bright lighting like on land .So I haven't used to sleep under bright lighting on land so I can easily wake up by light. Anything else my love?" He explained.I guess that explains it.

"What are you up to ?" I asked . Since Mortimer wakes up early he usually gets ready  and then if he thinks I'm oversleeping a breakfast he wakes me up. Since I woke up before breakfast and he is still in bed with me. There is chance that I woke up a few seconds than Mortimer or he planned something.

"What do you mean?" Mortimer said as his eyes had a mischievous glint in them . He definitely planned something so I decided not to ask him . And instead I tried to get up so I could start my day .

"Well, I should get up by now anyway ." I told quietly but not quiet enough for siren's hearing .As my one leg reached to floor I was suddenly yanked back to the bed .Then Mortimer wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled closer.

"Why getting up early if we can cuddle for a little while?" Mortimer suggests.So that's what he have been planing?I sighed .I never cuddled with him in the morning or at least while I was awake. Usually it's either we fall asleep cuddling or somewhere in the middle of the night our bodies getting cuddled.

"I've could killed you for that , but apparently killing considered a crime ." I sighed in fake disappointment as Mortimer chuckled .

"Even if it 's wasn't a crime you still would't kill me." Mortimer teased as I humphed in displeasure it's true I would't killed him , well in case I want to say goodbye to my sanity.

After that we chatted a little more until it's was time when Elizabeth prepared our breakfast . When I ate the breakfast I went to the library while Mortimer went to work .I looked at my phone for any new messages.

Celine:It's probably late , well it's really late for this but congratulations on finding your soulmate.I've been really really busy since you know what happened. I hope he is the one you won't let you go and occasionally outsmart you <3

In case you don't know Celine is Alexander's older sister .When I was sixteen years her parent's arranged a marriage with the Alpha that is from West. When her husband died she gained control over the pack and now she is the ruler of the West pack. Celine is one of my best friends that is two years older than Me, Kelly and Celine had ballet classes together and we tried to get the Lady Diploma (the only people are can get is the people who knows etiquette and how to be lady-like).I answered her message and then someone ringed the door.