Chapter 9

I'm walking with the guards and it's kinda annoying, but I know it's their job to make sure that no one escapes from the games. Right now we entered the girl's housing and it looks like a ghost town, with no people, no noises, and no movement. And finally, we have come to the cabin where I was supposed to stay for a week.

"Can I shower ?" I asked the guards. They nodded and one of them muttered something in a walkie-talkie. I grabbed a few clothes and undergarments and went to the bathroom. I started peeling my suit which was disgusting because it had my sweat built up in there. I started washing and I thought about my situation.

So in my opinion I lost the game? Well in this game you can think of yourself as a winner or a loser depending on what you wanted. I wanted to be mateless and follow my dream, but I didn't get that. So it means I lost this game. So what should I do next to follow my destiny or fight for my dreams? I can fight and try to escape, but I don't like conflict or fights, I would rather avoid them. Would I be able to be sneaky and manipulative so I could get my mate's trust? Yeah, no, sirens are more manipulative than wolves, so that trick won't even work. Maybe, I should quietly try to distance myself from him and try to hold it for a year? Well, I won't feel any guilt if I did that, plus it will boost my confidence that I have a strong will.

"You are showering for 30 minutes, come out already!" one guard knocked at the door. I answered back telling them that I will be out in a few minutes. I stopped showering and started to blow-dry my hair. Today I'm wearing a grey t-shirt, black skinny jeans and a dark dusty pink sweater with a hoodie and of course a white converse. I came out of the bathroom and started packing my bags. I looked at Candice's side of the room. Her stuff is still here so it means that she isn't caught yet. The guards are still standing and waiting for me, which it's sad that they should always stand at work because it's their job.

I started to pack my bags and I realized that I packed my clothes only for two weeks. It's not enough for a year if I'm gonna live with my mate. Well, I guess it's either I need to ask Kelly to send a box of my clothing or I need to go shopping. After I finished packing my bags, guards took me to the parking lot and said I should wait there.

I checked my phone for the time or any messages. Since fairies made a phone signal blocking the wall, I couldn't call anyone since I'm outside the wall and my phone exploded with thousands of messages. I decided that I will reply later and decided to look for my mate. When looking around the parking lot, I saw some people leaving with happy faces, some sad ones and angry ones. Then I felt someone was walking towards me from behind, I turned around to see Mortimer.

"There you are, I've been looking for you!" Mortimer grinned. He was wearing a v-neck navy blue shirt and black jeans.

I didn't answer him because I didn't know what to say, yet. He took one of my bags and on the other hand took my hand and started leading me to the car. Man, why is he comfortable with holding my hand? The car was not far from the exit. I sensed there was a fairy driver and a werecat bodyguard in there. Shouldn't there be a siren bodyguard? I have no clue right now.

"So where exactly are we going ?" I asked him. I was curious because I didn't know if I had to live under the water. If Siren finds a soulmate who can breathe underwater, they will surely live underwater. But I've heard that there is a spell that can help land creatures to breathe underwater.

"Well, since you can't breathe underwater, I think it's the best way to take you on the island. Where in case one underwater kingdom citizen gets someone who can't breathe underwater they can always move in on the island. " Mortimer explained. I heard that sirens created their territories on the islands so they can easily live with their mate. Right now we are heading to the airport. It was kinda a long way. Mortimer was sitting quietly taking care of some things on his phone speaking in Latin, I think. While I almost forgot to answer my messages on my phone.