Chapter 3

Alice's POV:

So apparently everybody in the room except Kelly knew that Alexander was gonna 'propose' to me. But when Alexander came back to the room, by the look of their face they were shocked that I rejected him. Except for Kelly and Jake, they knew I'm gonna reject his proposal since I don't do arranged matings. I wish I could see the faces of the people when they thought that I would accept, this is cruel of me but I don't care.

At least they gave me a choice, usually parents didn't give their child any choices on that matter.

In the next few days, everybody was busy preparing for the Mating Ball Event. God who created this name for this event? Maids of the castle were hurrying around the castle to prepare the ballroom. Chefs are preparing the menu for this evening. Tailors were helping me and Kelly by making our dresses.

"Are you guys sure you want to do this? We can always go and b-" The sentence was cut off by the Tailor. Kelly is standing and fuming that we are giving them more work. I was feeling bad that tailors have to do extra work by making our dresses. When I can just buy one in the mall.

"Oh no, the Queen insisted to us that we should make dresses for you lovely girls, So which color do you want your dress to be, Lady Alice? Tailor answered back. I guess my kindness won't go against the Queen's orders. So I decided that I wanted a Navy colored dress and Kelly decided on an orange dress. We both explained how we want our dresses to be designed. Tailors were quickly showing variants of designs and I chose the one I liked better. Then they took my and Kelly's measurement and started sewing our gowns.

After we finished with our measurements we walked out of the room and walked through the hallways walking to the exit of the castle. I was curious why would the Queen offer that her tailors make our dresses after I rejected her son. Maybe she understands my reason?

"Seriously!? Again with daydreaming ?" Kelly groaned and sheepishly smiled and shrugged at her and apologized to her. Usually, I would never ignore her but I guess since the special event is coming closer and closer. I got more nervous and even started ignoring my best friend.

"So as I was saying normally I would scold you for rejecting Alexander's proposal since I care about your life and I want the best for you, but I know I'm your best friend and I know that you want to meet your soulmate first before accepting any proposals. And for that, I support you because I would like to see you happy rather than protected and wealthy." With that, I almost cried and I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"Thank you, Kelly! But I would rather see you happy with your mate! " We hugged once more and then we were really happy with our little confession. It's like the last time we see each other until after we meet our destined mates. So after we exited the palace we separated and I went to my house.

So this is the day that I didn't wait for. Yep, today is the Mating Ball right now people from other packs are coming to this pack this morning so they can rest and easily prepare for this night. I, on the other hand, munch my delicious breakfast and watch from the balcony how many people have arrived. We always have this tradition that girls stay in hotels that are East of the palace and boys stay in the hotels that are West of the palace. So in the Mating Ball, people act surprised, happy, etc.

No one was at home except for me. So I would usually study some College textbooks or read some fan fiction. Sometimes I watch anime. I don't know if Pokemon is considered a cartoon or anime, but I like Attack on Titan that's for sure. I watch some youtube videos since all teenagers do that. I like holidays because you can lay around all day in your pajamas and you can learn what you want or how you want, and when you want to learn and read. That's what holidays are supposed to be for nerds like me at least.