Chapter 18

Mortimer's P.O.V:

Waking up next to her is my favorite thing to do because I like holding her while she is snuggling to me for warmth. I wish I could hold her in my arms forever and never let her go. A guilty pleasure of sirens to keep their soulmates longer in their nest so they would forget how much time they have spent in it. Since my beautiful soulmate is a werewolf I know that she has to shift into her wolf form. So I'm trying not to restrain her from going outside, but lately, it's got harder to do so.

Well, I can't blame her for it, she is simply too cute to not mark her. I admire her curiosity and intelligence. It's really cute to watch her read or sleep in the library. And I like how she can be caring and considerate without even knowing it. Her sky blue eyes intrigue me. I am filled with curiosity and I like the softness of her light brown hair. It's fun to play with it. And those are more reasons to keep her. She is the only sunlight in my life I need.

I didn't notice that I tightened my hold until she stirred in her sleep. I don't know if she plans on oversleeping for breakfast, but it wouldn't hurt to use a new method to wake her up. I gently kissed her forehead then her nose and then gave her a teasing kiss on her lips.

"Чтоб ты сдох," she said in her sleepy voice and unfamiliar language and I chuckled. I guess it worked, but her eyes remained closed.

"You know you have to wake up," I said then she groaned and moved her body in the other direction while she was in my arms.

"Yeah, but not that early. Oh if you're gonna keep waking me up that early I'll start sleeping in the guest room ." She threatened as she tried to move away from my arms but I brought her closer and tightened my grip on her.

"I'll just drag you back in here," I said with my husky voice as I gently kissed her neck. She squirmed when I kissed her neck but she still couldn't get out of my grip. I chuckled at her attempt.

"Mortimer! Why do you do this to me?"Alice whined. Well, sirens tend to be clingy and that's why they started hypnotizing their soulmates so they won't think about their family and responsibilities. I may be becoming more clingy and it's because I need to mark her.

"What do you mean?" I tried to sound innocent as I nuzzled her neck. When I nuzzled her heartbeat increased as her breathing hitched.

"W-why do you insist on making our bond stronger?" she stuttered. Well, sirens always value their soulmates, no matter if my soulmate in any shape or form is mine to love and cherish. Siren doesn't care for looks so if you are skinny or fat it's not a deal-breaker for us and if soulmates claim to be ugly we don't care that we only see beauty. The only deal-breaker can be personality, but I don't have any problems with Alice's personality so why not fight for your happiness.

"Because Alice you're perfect and I don't mind spending the rest of my life with you. And we sirens don't waste any time on having our doubts." I told her honestly. I know I won't get her acceptance right now, but I don't mind fighting for it. I always thought if my soulmate has any doubts, by helping her to get rid of her doubts will make her happy in the relationship, it kinda reminds me of the Golden rules for sirens. But she doesn't want to share her doubts with me.

"What if I don't want to spend my life with you?" She carefully asked. That question hurts. I won't deny that, but I know she is already hesitating. I just need to show her why she would be happy with me.

"Then I won't give up on you until you accept me," I said in the husky voice as she tried to hide her blush.

In the end, we went downstairs to eat breakfast. Then there is the usual routine happening. Alice goes outside to town and I go to my office to work.