Chapter 8

~Dream of the Flashback~

I remember when I was five years old. My dad got us a vacation to the human town, Was it Miami? I don't remember. But at this time my mom and I were walking near the beach. It was a beautiful dawn. We could even see the sun and the city lights at the same time. We were enjoying our walk until I wanted ice cream. I begged my mom with puppy eyes and she agreed. Then we went into the nearest ice cream truck/shop.

"Would you like strawberry flavor, sweetie? " My mom asked in a motherly voice and I nodded eagerly. I have always liked the strawberry flavor. Even now I like it.

"It will be 1$, M'am !" Lady who sells ice cream told us. My mom gave her a dollar and the lady smiled at us. Then the lady gave her ice cream and then my mom took it and gave it to me. I ate my ice cream happily. Then we continued our walk to the hotel where we are staying.

Suddenly my mom bumped into one man, but luckily she didn't fall. When she looked into the man's eyes, she stood frozen. I sniffed the air and I detected a foreign smell. It wasn't a human nor werewolf. The man looked at her with a look of surprise. But then I ruined the moment.

"Mommy, let's go! Dad is waiting for us!"I whined. Then my Mom apologized to the man. And we continued our journey to the hotel.

That happened four months before my mom disappeared forever.

~End of the Dream Flashback~

Then I woke up. I was feeling fuzzy from this long sleep. It's hard to comprehend in what situation I'm in. So when I looked around I saw that I'm in a special cabin next to the exit of the Arena. I'm not supposed to be there! No way I should be in here. This sneaky bastard left a scent that leads into a cave that can lead other males into this cave. Where my other friends are currently hiding. Or maybe they have already been caught. I have to get out of here.

I looked around the cabin. There was no one in this cabin except for me. In this cabin, there are two beds and one bathroom. Right now I'm lying on one bed, but the other bed was already used. I smelled the scent, it was masculine, ocean and mint, it belongs to a Siren. It means that he has been there for fifteen minutes and he can come back at any time.

I tried the front door and it was locked. Of course, it's gonna be locked. Only an idiot will leave a door open. The windows in the bedroom are either too small or too high for me to reach. So I went to the bathroom and it was a disappointing sight to see. There were no windows at all, then I got an idea. What if I open one window in the bedroom and instead try to fit myself through the window. I can hide in the bathroom until he comes back and sees that I escaped from the cabin. And he will be shocked that this time he will forget to close the door.

So right now I did exactly how I planned. But the only thing left it's to wait for him. But my calculations were wrong because he came back in five minutes and my scent was still fresh. Then he chuckled and walked around the room. I hope my mate is an idiot who thought that I escaped the cabin. But in my bad luck, he's not the idiot I thought he was.

"I know you are still here." My mate chuckled. His handsome voice sent me shivers like sirens supposed to have a beautiful voice. But I remained silent, I hoped he would think that I escaped him, but no such thing has happened.

"Your scent is still fresh and it leads to the bathroom and I know the bathroom doesn't have any windows. It was a clever idea. But I don't like to play hide and seek games where the player cheats the game, so please open the door." He said. I guess he's not stupid like I thought he was. Eros just knew he had to give me a smart soulmate for this reason.

"I admit you were clever when you tricked me back in the cave. But hey, at least I can stay here forever if I want ." I answered smugly. Sirens don't have strength like werewolves have, but I don't know if they can break through the door. I guess I'm gonna find out.