***Vladimir's past*** Part 17: Her.

Vladimir's POV

It was long ago, before everything burned into ashes. Before the whole town glowed bright with the flaming red flowers I've bloomed.

Before I lost her

Before I lost her.

I was only 17 back then when I became the leader of the daemon hunters, the claves' hunting dog and the fearsome brute. I never had the chance to care for someone and to listen for one's problem. No, I never tried to care and to listen because I have always thought It was not worth of my time. Those who had fallen in that bloodshed battle are merely weaklings and only the strong remain. Just like my parents, they were both weak and they fell to their own deaths.

This city of heat, the city of flames, the city with many lives. California. This was my hometown I had never loved. Full of weaklings. They die easily. This all was indeed ridiculous. Vivaldi, the youngest, was still weak but he was better than the others for he adapted here quicker than any of those weaklings. He was only 15 back then. The claves were the only strong ones I could rely on for they have thought me things I'll never forget. Especially, Minerva. The one I would never forget. She was one of the claves who taught me ways to be stronger than the rest. She was kind and brave, the most bravest woman in this wretched city filled with demons. But she left the claves and joined the hunters instead for she wanted to help us, hunters. We were dying in numbers, losing to the Esgardans of thousands. We only had around 5000 men and they had 20000 men. But with the help of Minerva, we won miraculously. Even though we had won... The war did not stop. It kept raging on and on. This was the war between us, Sanctus, and the Esgardans.

Not long after I became 19, we heard the Esgardans moved to New York and Minerva had to move away because she needed to protect her family. She told me she had a daugther at the age of 16 in New York when I asked why and I never see her again since.

At the age of 23, I was choosen to hold the title of the Flame Throne, a proposal to be the head of the claves. I tried refusing but alas, the head had choosen me and I can not decline. Cataclyss, the head, pointed at me and thus, I sat at his throne.

 Cataclyss, the head, pointed at me and thus, I sat at his throne