Chapter Five

Chapter Five

~Kellin's POV

I called my mom to tell her Scarlett was spending the night because of family problems, and she was alright with it.

It was finally time to take Scarlett home - obviously to my house. When we got there, my mom was acting a little too overly excited about her visit. She made some spaghetti and at the table, she popped the question I'd been procrastinating to ask.

"So, have you gotten your stuff packed yet?" Mom mother, Lisa, asked.

Scarlett gave her a questioning look, "For...what, exactly?"

"Oh! Kellin hasn't asked you yet? Hm, weird. He seemed so excited about it..." Lisa replied, completely embarrassing me. Well, there's no avoiding it now.

Scarlett looked at me and raised a brow, "Well...?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, "I-Its nothing." I lied.

"Fine, you're not gonna ask then I will." Lisa paused, "Kellin wants you to move in with us." She quickly stated. I was flushed with embarrassment automatically after she said the phrase. Dammit. I must be blushing like crazy. I cringed back with awkwardness and glanced at Scarlett, again, awkwardly.

Scarlett smiled slightly, "You don't need to be embarrassed." She assured. My tense shoulders relaxed a little and I gave a crooked half-smile, Lisa giggled.

"Sooo, what do you say?" she asked Scarlett.

Scarlett shrugged. "Sure," she paused and bit her lip nervously, "I'll have to get all of my stuff after school tomorrow before five, though..." she mumbled trailing off.

"Why before five?" Lisa questioned.

"Parents." She quietly answered.

I completely understood; my mom, on the other hand, did not. Scarlett looked at me.

"Can we go to my place tomorrow after school so we can get my stuff?" She wondered.

I nodded and said, "Yeah, sure," before taking another bite of my spaghetti. My mom smiled at us and got up from the table, taking her empty plate along with her. I finished mine shortly after and Scarlett was sitting there looking at her still pretty full plate.

"You gonna finish that?" I asked her, trying to sound polite.

She shook her head no and handed it to me.

"I'll just be in the, uh, living room." She said, getting up and walking to the living room.