Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

~Kellin’s POV

I woke up with Scarlett snuggled up, her arms against my chest and her legs curled up, like she was in a little ball; my arm draped over her side and I felt her warm, even breaths against my neck. She was still sleeping, so I just laid there while she slept soundly until she woke.

When she did awaken, she didn’t want to move and complained about having to get out of bed, usual Scarlett.

“Oh, come on babe…” I said, trying to convince her to get out of beg. She did a schoolgirl giggle.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“The babe thing.” She said. I remembered when she told me she liked cute pet names and she was blushing because of one little word – it was cute.

“Well…” I paused, “What if I tell you that I'll carry you to the kitchen – where everyone on the bus can see you – in your bra and underwear if you don’t get up yourself.” I wasn’t really going to do that, but it convinced him to jump out of bed and put clothes on.

She stopped after she put her shirt on and turned to me.

“Hm, well I could just tell Vic to come in here and have him see you in only your boxers.” She said with a joking wink.

I huffed, “Fine…” I got up and got dressed as she did.

We walked out of the little enclosed space into the small kitchen on the bus.

“Did you get some?” Mike asked with a devious grin.

I looked at him with a questioning look, “No?” I replied.

“Sure.” He said, with a wink. “Later, man.” He said with a pat on my back and leaving the bus.

“Sorry…” she said.

I turned, “…For?”

She shrugged. I walked over to her and put my fingertips on her hips and she put her arms around my neck. I smiled, and she smiled back, resting her head on mine, us touching noses.

“I missed you.” She said hoarsely, softly, pulling me closer.

“I missed you too.” I answered. She laughed but then coughed for a little bit afterwards. I fixed her a glass of water and gave it to her to drink. She took a sip and cleared her throat, “Sorry.” She said.

“You’re sorry for coughing?” I asked with a small laugh.

She shrugged again. She sounded gruff last night, but it’s gotten proceeding worse as time has passed.

She started closing her eyes longer during blinks, looking exhausted. I scanned her body: thinner than usual, and much paler. She was so much thinner that you could see her bones, like when I first met her.

When she had an eating disorder.

“Scarlett…” I said with worry lined in my voice.

“Yeah?” she answered.

“Are you okay?” I said, moving my head away from hers and moving my hands away. She kept her arms around my neck.

“Uh, yeah.” She replied unconvincingly.

“How long has it been since you’ve eaten?” I asked, getting more concerned as moments passed.

In her hesitation, I found my answer.

“How long, Scarlett?” I asked, basically ordering her to reply.

“Uhm…since, uh,”

“Since the breakup?”