Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

~Kellin’s POV

I ran towards Vic, yelling about calling an ambulance.

“Dude, dude, use words.” He said slowly.

I sighed, “Scarlett is, like, sick or some shit. Really sick. Just call an ambulance.” I said, watching him dial the number. As they answered the phone, I ran to Scarlett.

“Scarlett..?” I said, wondering if she was okay. She was out cold. I picked her up and ran her over as quick as I could towards where the ambulance would’ve picked her up.

Vic came up behind me. “Are they –” I was interrupted by the ambulance arriving and taking Scarlett out of my arms, packing her onto a gurney and into the ambulance.

“We’re able to come?” Vic asked one of the nurses outside of the vehicle.

She nodded and we all walked in.

I looked at Scarlett’s pale, lifeless-looking body and hoped she would be okay. I wondered what was wrong with her, but the doctors would find out. As I saw doctors working on her, I thought of her dying, which only made things worse. I thought about a song I wrote about her while we were broken up called Heaven Again.

**AT THE HOSPITAL**

“Excuse me, sirs…?” a woman said to Vic and me.

“Yeah?” Vic said, I looked up.

“You guys are going to have to leave, they aren’t ready for visitors.” The woman informed.

Vic looked at me, knowing I wouldn’t like this, “Well do they at least know what the hell is wrong with her?” I said, getting angrier.

“No.”

“Then why do we have to leave? I have to leave my girlfriend who could possibly fucking die because they aren’t ready for visitors?” I said, raising my voice.

“Sir, please, doesn’t be angry. You can see her soon.” She tried assuring.

“I can’t even say goodbye?” I said, calmer than the previous statements.

“Kellin, let’s just go. We can probably see her tomorrow.” Vic said, trying to calm me.

The woman looked uneasy, as if what Vic said wasn’t true. Vic put his hands on my shoulder and led me out as he thanked the woman and we ran out.

“How are we supposed to get home?” I said, remembering we came in the ambulance.

“I'll call Mike.” Vic replied, dialing Mike’s number. We sat down on the bench as Vic talked to Mike or whoever answered the phone. Then a taxi pulled up with Mike in the front seat and the cab drove us home.

As soon as we got there, I ran onto the bus, into the little nook I had, and laid down on the bed. Vic opened the curtain.

“You want to perform tonight?” he asked.

“No.” I answered.

“Okay.” He said, closing the curtain and walking on the bus to leave me alone. I grabbed a sheet of paper and started writing acoustic guitar notes for Heaven Again. This took me awhile since I didn’t really know how to play guitar, but I just put the normal notes that work on almost every instrument. When I finally finished, I realized I’d been writing them an hour. I called Vic in.

“What’s up?” he said.

“Are you able to play this on the guitar?” I said, handing him the paper. He started humming a beat and nodded.

“Did you write this?” he questioned.

“Uhm, yeah…” I said awkwardly. He smiled and grabbed the guitar and started playing the intro and I came into the song.

“What can I do to find something better to do than this?

I've been sitting around thinking of everything that I've done wrong.

I've been playing it over and over in my head.

I've been thinking about something that I might have said to you

to make you go so far away.

And it makes me think of…

I try so hard

to find out where I've been

I've been playing my cards,

But I never, ever win.

And if I fall short,

Will you pick me up from this mess?

Oh, be my heaven again.

Be my heaven again.

Could you be my heaven again?

‘Because I don't want to die alone.

I don't want to be afraid.

I don't want to sit back and think about my days

and everything that we tried;

we try so hard sometimes

just to find out where we belong in the end.

We'll figure out who we are.

Trying to figure out who we are.

This love, this love,

this love.” (I kind of deleted some unnecessary lyrics and lyrics about blah, blah, blahhh.)

Vic ended the song, adding a little bit more and changing the notes a little bit too, which made sense because I didn’t know what notes to write when I was writing them.

He smiled, “You have a nicer voice when you’re not screaming or doing the harder stuff.” He paused, “You’re better with acoustics.” He commented.

I smiled, “Thanks man.”

“Was that song about Scarlett? Did you just write it?”

“No, I wrote it when we were broken up…but I think it works for the situation at hand too.” I said, awkward again.

He nodded, “I got to go, but that was good. You should try to get it actually recorded.” He told me, walking out.

------------------

A/N:

So yeah boring, boring, boring. SORRY ITS SO BORING IDK I WASN’T FEELING CREATIVE