Chapter Six ((Part Two of Two))

Chapter Six, Continued 

~Kellin's POV 

 We froze as we saw Scarlett’s parents pull into the driveway and have puzzled looks on their faces when they got out and saw our car in front of their house. They shrugged and were about to walk inside until they stopped in their tracks when they saw Vic’s body halfway over the fence. They looked mad as hell, well shit.

Vic jumped fully down and yelled, “GUYS, RUN!” as he ran to the car.

Scarlett looked at me with worry in her eyes.

“It’ll be okay.” I mouthed, but even I couldn’t believe the words out of my own mouth.

She swallowed and nodded slowly.

We both jumped down the fence as swift as a fox and ran to the car.

“Is that Scarlett?!” I heard one of her shits of parents yell.  

Scarlett and I ran as fast as we could with the duffle bags. Vic, being the idiot he always is, dropped the duffle bag as he was running for, what seemed like, his life.

Scarlett opened the back door and we both jumped into the back, slamming the door behind us.

I saw her “father” running towards the car.

“FUCKING DRIVE VIC! GOD DAMMIT GO!” I shouted.

Vic slammed on the gas pedal, causing Scarlett and I to hit our heads hard on the seats in front of us.

“Ow…” I heard her mumble, rubbing her head.

“Sorry.” Vic apologized.

“You okay?” I asked with worry.

She nodded, “Yeah, yeah, just a bruise that’s all.”

Vic was still going super fast.

“Dude, we lost them, you can slow down now.”

He sighed with relief and his tense muscles softened.

“Hey, man, can I spend the night at your place?”

It was Scarlett and I’s date this evening at cold stone, I had almost forgotten; so I said no.

“Wait,” Scarlett’s voice was full of worry.

Vic slammed on the break, “What, what is it?” he asked with worry.

“WE GOT MY PHONE CHARGER RIGHT?” she asked, looking super scared and nervous.

Vic and I looked at each other, then to her worried face and started laughing.

“Y-your phone?” he questioned, laughing.

“YES!”

Vic and I’s laughter ceased, “Yes, Scarlett. We have your charger.” I answered, still laughing a little.

She sighed with relief, “Thank god. And thank god for us beating my parents to this.” She smiled.

*** Later ***

~Scarlett’s POV

Vic dropped Kellin and me off at his house – that I was now living in – awhile ago.

“So, when do you want to leave?” Kellin asked, walking into the guest room that was now my room.

I was making my bed and getting everything settled in.

I shrugged, “Whenever. Thanks for the mattress, by the way.”

He smiled, “Alrighty, I’ll let you finish this or whatever,” he sighed, walking out of the room and quietly closing the door.

I had almost forgotten that we had a date this evening, but I’m glad I remembered after Kellin asked me, though.

I lay down on the bed in my new room, and then my phone beeped. It was Vic. He was so boring to text sometimes..but he was my friend, so it was all good. I feel really guilty, though, because I kinda felt bad I took guys' night away. But I don't think minded..I hope?

Vic: Hey haha

Me: Hey

Vic: What’s up?

Me: Nothing really, you?

Vic: Same.

Me: Haha nice..?

Vic: Shit, sorry. Gotta go. Bye.

Me: Byee xD 

 ** The date ** 

Later, we left for cold stone. I’ve never been there, so I felt awkward not knowing what to order.

“And for you?” the woman asked me.

“I -I, uh, I’ll have a, uh, uhm, uh, sorry…” I trailed off, running into the bathrooms out of embarrassment.

~Kellin’s POV

“Is she okay?” the woman asked me, a worried look on her face.

“Uh, yeah. She’s just…” I paused, looking for the right wording, “shy.”

She nodded, “Well, maybe you should ask her what she wants and order for her?” she said thoughtfully.

“Sure…” I replied, knocking on the bathroom doors.

I could hear Scarlett breathing heavily, “Who is it?” she asked, while hyperventilating.

“It’s just me.” I assured.

She came out of the bathroom, blinking her eyes so tears wouldn't fall.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, with a worried look.

“Nothing. It’s just embarrassing to know that I couldn’t even order for myself.”

I nodded, “It’s alright…I can order for you, if you want.” She nodded. “Do you know what you want?” she shook her head.

“No, but you can decide, I guess…” she answered, rubbing her arms awkwardly.

I put my arm around her waist and walked back up to the woman who saved my spot in line, “She’ll just have a small mint, please.” I ordered for Scarlett. The woman smiled and got one scoop of the delicious mint ice cream into a small paper cup.

“Your total will be $8.57, please.” I grabbed a ten from my wallet and handed them to her, “Thank you," she paused and grabbed some change, "Here's your change."

I shook my head, "Nah, keep the change." I said. She was a good server and pretty nice, so she deserved it.

"Oh, thanks. Have a nice night.” She said with a smile.

“You too.” I replied, walking out with Scarlett.

We got into the car and drove home, listening to my copy of Collide With The Sky. I sang along to my parts quietly and Scarlett just.sand the entire song, well, except during the screaming.

-----------

A/N: 

VERY sucky ending yeah but uh next chapter might have some cute stuff in it and awe ok sorry for boring chapter guise maybe if you dont like it you should stop reading it bc v boring(:::::::: 

okei wellll bye c: