Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

~Scarlett’s POV

“Kellin, I-I –” I was stopped by his arms snaking around me tightly. I pushed him away.

“Kellin…” I said, half-awkward and half-protest.

“Scarlett, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking when I broke up with you. I’m so sorry. I love you with my entire being and all of my heart. I’m so, so, so, so, sorry. Truly sorry. Please please please please please please forgive me.” He begged.

“I…uhm…”

“Please.” He repeated eyes full of sorrow and pleads.

I looked down then met his eyes, “I...uh...” I said, not sure.

He swallowed and said, “I have to go…Vic and I are about to perform King for a Day.” He said after a few seconds.

“Okay.”

“I love you.” He told me, with a peck on the cheek. I hadn’t heard that for awhile.

“I love..." I started and trailed off. I didn't want to say it. I do, but I still haven't exactly made up with him. "Uhm, bye.” I said, stepping back so he could run onto the stage with Vic.

He looked at me with sad eyes and a fake smile, walking off to the stage with Vic as BMTH came off. Kellin slightly glanced back at Oli as he walked onto the stage and Oli started walking towards me.

“Scarlett, I’m so sorry. There was so much pressure and I should’ve known that song could’ve been emotional for you. Sorry, love.” He said in a sincere voice.

“No, it’s fine. Really.” I said with a slightly fake smile.

He sighed with relief and brought me in for a hug. I hugged him tightly and put my head into his shoulder.

“Let’s go, we’ll wait for them outside of this small, crowded room.” He said, motioning towards the stage when he said “them.” I nodded.

We started walking into the cold, crisp outside air and I slipped my jacket sleeves down because I was cold. Oli watched as my sleeves went over my scarred wrists.

“I know you did it again.” He said softly.

“Uhm, did what?” I said trying to act confused.

“‘You’re adorable as hell, but I’m glancing at your wrists.’” He answered in a soft, sad voice, quoting a song I like and looking down.

I put my hand over my arm awkwardly.

“You’re not happy. I can see through your smile, Scarlett. Your eyes show it all.” He commented. I looked down and started picking at my fingers – another one of my nervous habits. A few tears rolled down his cheeks, but he quickly wiped them away with him navy blue sweater, trying to hide them.

“You’re not either.” I answered softly, voice cracking softly as I was on the break of tears.

I looked up into his sad eyes, a few tears rolling down my cheeks because I couldn’t hold it in any longer. He wiped them away and pulled me in for a hug. I rested my head into his shoulder, crying more.

“I’m sorry.” He said and I looked up at him as I wiped my few tears away.

“For what?” I asked, confused.

“Not showing you that you’re loved and shouldn’t harm that beautiful body. You’re so beautiful and sweet, you just can’t see it. You don’t see yourself the way others see you.” He answered.