Chapter Thirteen - Memories.

Chapter Thirteen

~Scarlett’s POV

I woke up the next morning, my music still blasting in my ears. I slightly fidgeted.

“Scarlett?” Oliver called in a whispered, wondering if I was up.

I opened the curtain and got on my feet for the first time in four days, feeling dizzy and unstable. I was stumbling over my feet on the way to Oli; he ran over to me and helped me walk.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

“S’okay. I’m just grateful you’ve gotten out of bed.” He said, looking at me with concern.

I paused, staring into his worried eyes deeply, and then spoke, and “I’m fine. Really.” I lied. He was unconvinced.

“Please don’t beat yourself up about this. I know you are. I notice these things, Scarlett.”

I pushed him away and walked towards the restroom.

“What are you doing?” he asked me, anxious.

“I’m actually going to take a shower...” I said, trailing off.

“Good thing, too, because you haven’t showered since…uhm yeah, anyways, it’s unhygienic. I’m just glad you’re out of bed.” He said with a sweet smile and then walked off towards his bunk, taking a sip of his morning tea.

I smiled grimly, “Thanks,” I mumbled, “I’m taking a long one, though. Since I’m, like, grossly filthy.”

He nodded and said, “Sure, whatever you feel like you need to do.”

I started opening the bathroom door when Oli spoke again, “Oh, and Vic came over to drop off your makeup. It’s in the restroom, just so you know.” He said, grinning slightly.

I smiled crookedly, “Thanks, Oli.” I walked in and locked the door.

I showered for a good 20 to 30 minutes. I was shampooing and Conditioning my hair, washing my face and the rest of my body, and the last five minutes, to think.

After I got done getting ready – for the first time since the breakup – I went and relaxed a little bit. I watched some TV with Oli, checked my social media apps, ect. Oli brought up the tour again.

“So…Scarlett….” He started.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“You know the tour?” he said.

“Yeah, continue.” I asked somewhat impatient.

“Well, there are a few songs that involve girl vocals, and I was wondering if you’d like to –”

“Oliver, I can’t sing.” I interrupted.

“You also think you’re ugly. I think you need to sing for me.” He paused, “Like, now.”

I laughed, “You’re kidding.” I said, looking back to the television.

“No, I’m being serious,” he answered sitting up, “Please?” he begged.

“…Fine.”

He smiled largely and picked a duet song on his phone, singing the guy’s parts and I sang the girl’s parts.

When the song was over, he looked at me, wide-eyed.

“What?” I asked awkwardly.

“You’re voice is just…like wow.” He responded with a cheeky grin.

I smiled, “I think that’s a compliment?”

“It is.”

“So, I’m singing with you on the songs I need to tonight then?”

“You are.”

~Kellin’s POV

“Please, dude, at least have some breakfast. Or shower, I don’t know, just get out of bed!” Vic pleaded.

I shook my head, “I can’t.” I answered my voice barely audible.

Vic opened the curtain and sat down, “I know it’s hard for you, I get it. It’s really hard for Scarlett too. I think it’d be better if you two just…made up.” He told me.

“She’ll never forgive me.” I said somberly. It was true.

“That’s a lie.” Vic responded slightly annoyed, “Can you at least perform tonight? Please.” He asked.

I took a long sigh, “Fine.”

He smiled wide, “Okay, then go get showered and ready, because, damn, you smell.” He joked.

I laughed a little bit, “Okay.” I walked to the restrooms and took a shower.

~Vic’s POV

As Kellin turned on the shower’s water, I walked off the bus.

 “My god, man.” I said to Tony.

“Kellin?” he assumed.

“He’s so…beat up about it. I’m hoping they’ll make up soon.” I said, running my fingers through my hair.

“Me too, I guess.” He replied. We took a sip of our lemonade and talked about something else for the rest of the time being.

~Scarlett’s POV

A few hours passed of Oli and me, just hanging out. It was nice to know you could trust someone, even when it felt like you couldn’t trust anyone anymore.

There was a commercial for some award show PTV was nominated for, and it happened to be “Best Music Video.” I wondered which one it was and then I saw Kellin’s face appear on the screen. King for a Day, I guess. Tears came rolling down my face without warning. Oliver noticed right away and wiped them away, trying to comfort me. I cried into his shoulder. He was wearing a grayish-black sweater that was pretty soft on my face as I tried to stop crying – but that only made it worse.

“It’s okay…” he said, not knowing exactly how to comfort me or what to say. I sniffed; the tears stopped rolling after a few more minutes, as if I hadn’t had any left.

I moved my face out from his shoulder and just rested my head there, as if I was too exhausted to hold it myself. He checked his watch and shifted.

“C’mon. We have to go.” He said as we both got up and met the band outside of the bus.

As Oliver and I were walking, he put his arm over my shoulder, supporting my small stumbles.

“Thanks.” I whispered to him, he nodded.

It was BMTH’s last song to perform – the one I had to sing with him.

“I’d like to introduce a friend of mine to the stage…” he looked over at me, I shakily walked to him, and he put his arm over me and smiled, introducing me. I was applauded, got a few whistles from guys. Yay, just what I needed, guys hitting on me.

“She’s going to sing this next song with me. I hope you guys know it!” he said, the crowd went wild, I giggled.

The “shorter version” of Don’t Go started. I stopped dead in my tracks. My stomach started churning with fear.

Then it was time for my part.

“Tell me that you love me 'cause I need you so…” I choked up, eyes filling with tears as my line made me think of Kellin. Oliver looked at me with concern, the audience getting concern. I dropped the microphone when I finally got so humiliated I couldn’t take the stares or embarrassment.

I ran off the stage, crying, stomach churning, and bumped into somebody.

“Oh, I’m so –” I stopped as I looked up from the ground and met the face of Kellin.