Chapter Eight - Your Forever is All That I Need

Chapter Eight

~Scarlett’s POV

**Two months later**

It was a chilly Friday in December, the last day of school before break. I was excited for it because Kellin, Vic, and I could all hang out together all day instead of having to learn about boring shit we didn’t care about.

Seriously, why do I care about the wars we’ve faced unless I’m going to become a history teacher or history studier? Ugh.

I can’t really complain, though. The class is very easy and the teacher is pretty nice, so I guess I am just wondering why we’re forced to learn about some things that will “get us somewhere in life,” even though it probably wont.

I was looking at the clock and counting down the seconds until the bell rang…10, 9, 8…

It seemed liked ages of waiting for that bell to ring, but it soon did.

I bolted out of my seat and sped out of the room, accidentally to bump into a total jerky jock.

Great.

It was James Rhodes. A jock that always is hitting on me because he hates both Vic and Kellin and thinks I’m, and I quote, “Hot as hell.”

I hate him with a burning passion – even more than the slutty student-teacher. I’m glad I’ll be without them both for two weeks.

“Oh, sorry babe.” He said with a wink and flip of his blonde hair.

I laughed sarcastically, “I’m not your ‘babe’,” I paused, “and I never will be.”

Suddenly I was pressed up against some lockers by his stupid football player arms. Well, this isn’t gonna turn out good…

“Can you please just leave me alone?” I pleaded.

He looked at me with disbelief, “That won’t be happening hot-stuff.” I rolled my eyes.

“I have a boyfriend. Get lost. And even if I didn’t have a boyfriend, I’d never go out with you.” I told him, annoyed, trying to walk off. But his grip on my shoulders tightened and he lifted my chin with his pointer finger.

“Hah, why wouldn’t you want me as a boyfriend? Am I too out of your league?” he asked with a snarky tone.

“No, I just don’t li –” my speech was interrupted by his gross, chapped lips going on mine strongly.

I tried to pull away from him, but his force was too strong, so I lifted my leg slightly, getting ready to kick him in his “area.”

“Hey, man, just leave her alone!” I heard a familiar voice say. James pulled away and looked over at my best friend, Vic.

“Oh, and what are you gonna do about it, fag?” he asked Vic, putting his grip from my shoulders to my neck, choking me slightly.

I put my leg down; worried he’d tighten his grip on my neck to make it throb with pain.

“This.” Vic said, kicking James hard in the balls, causing him to let go of my neck and fall to the floor.

“Damn you!” James said, still on the floor.

“Bye, dumbass!” Kellin said, coming out from behind Vic and showing himself.

Vic escorted me out, along with Kellin. My neck still hurt really badly, and my shoulder was a little sore from his tight grip. Vic and Kellin both had their arms around my shoulders, assisting me.

“Thanks, guys.” I said appreciatively.

“No problem, babe. I hate that guy anyways.” Kellin answered, his voice like silk.