- B E G I N N I N G S -

I jolted my head around, looking for this person. But no one was there. "W-where are y-you?" I managed to stutter through my clearly nervous voice. "Right here" the voice replied and touched my shoulder one more. I tensed up, what was going on? "The name's Millard Nullings. What's your's?" I had now calmed down a bit, "why do you wanna know?" Millard replied to my fairly rude comment "well I wanna know because I'm gonna show you around the house, and well I don't wanna let some stranger just wonder around in there."
"Are you invisible?" He let out a little laugh "Duh, otherwise you would be able to see me." I laughed at his sarcastic comment. "Come on, I'll show you your new home" He grabbed my arm and begun walking. I allowed him to walk me up towards the house on the top of the hill.

A part of me wanted to stay here, away from my old life back at home. Maybe there are more kids just like me, with peculiarities. Maybe for once in my life I could finally feel like I fit in.

By now we had reached the front of the door. I stood at the door with my arms folded in front of my chest. "Are you ready?" Millard says. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. I couldn't help it, sometimes my darker side would just takeover. He pushed the door opened and called out "Miss P. Miss P, where are you?" Just then I heard heels emerging from the top of the stairs. Oh great. A fairly tall woman with jet black hair met is at the bottom of the stairs. "Well who do we have here?" She said and smiled a smile so warm that is almost wiped out my emotionless state. "This is Mae Lewis" Millard replied to the woman, probably realising that I wasn't going to tell anyone my name. "Well it's lovely to meet you ms Lewis. We are just about to have supper, so Millard will take you up to the bathroom and run a bath for you" The woman said looking at my clothes in disgust. "Ok, see you soon Miss P"

With that Millard grabbed my arm once again and led me up the stairs. He led me to the bathroom and opened the door. "Hang on a second I'll just grab you some clothes" Millard left the room and came back with a powdery pink dress." I shook my head at the sight of the dress. "No way, do you have anything less girly" He sighed and returned seconds later with a pair of overalls with a long sleeve shirt. "Ok that's better" The door shut, so I'm guessing be left the room. I wanted to make sure he still wasn't in here, cause he is invisible. So I walked towards the door, and started frantically waving my hands. When I figured he wasn't there, I took off my clothes leaving me in my undergarments. I still didn't trust anyone here, so I wasn't going fully naked just in case. I looked in the mirror. My eyes had very noticeable bags under them, and my cheekbones had sunken into my face quite a bit. My dark hair was now plastered to my fair skin, and my eyes reflected a neutral brown meaning emotionless. I took off my appalling clothes, and sat in the bath. The contact of the hot water instantly relaxed my muscles. I sighed contemplating my decision. Would I stay here or go back home? My heart started to beat faster and my head begun spinning. I felt so sick to the point where I closed my eyes and let the dark consume me.

I jolted awake and caught my breath. I started panicking when I looked around, not being familiar with my surroundings. I was in a room. 'I've been kidnapped' was the first thing that popped into my head. Wasn't I just in the bath.? Wait what now I'm clothed" I calmed down a little when I read the note next to me.

'I don't know you yet, but here's why your probably confused right now.

I walked in to use the bathroom, having no idea you were in there. I saw you fully submerged in the water, and I panicked.

I pulled you from the water and you were still breathing. I dried you off then put you clothes back on. I promise I didn't look while I was doing this.

I'm sorry we had to meet this way'

-E