- B E T R A Y A L -

A glimmer of hope fills inside me. "What is it?"

(Enoch POV)

Do I tell her I I love her? What will she have to say about me playing Olive. Oh well what the heck "I don't love Olive. It's always been you" Her face is priceless. A mix between pure shock and fear.

"You what?" I said looking into his chocolate brown eyes. "You heard me" He cockily said. "I just don't get why you did that to Olive?"
"Well when Olive said you helped her admit her feelings for me I was furious. I thought we had something, so I tried to make you jealous. I'm sorry"

Oh my gosh Enoch is actually apologising. I smirked at him "What was that?" He rolled his eyes "I'm sorry"
"What?"
"I said I'm sorry" He says it way louder this time. I fall on my back dying of laughter. He leans over me and starts tickling my sides, which just so happens to be my weak spot. I laugh and laugh until my stomach hurts. He has me pinned to the ground, and he just stares into my eyes.
"They're so beautiful"
"What?"
"Your eyes they're turquoise"

I lay there awkwardly as he just stares into my eyes. I break the silent awkwardness "um, I'm getting tired I might head off to bed" I get up and head towards the door, before he grabs my wrist. I turn around and he swiftly scoops me up. I let out a small laugh as he carries me out the door.

"Hey" I whisper as he walks past my room. He looks at me and I pout. A small chuckle escapes his lips. We are now outside his room. He pushes open the door and continues to carry me inside his room. He walks over to his bed and gently sets me down. Enoch them grabs a pillow and puts it on the floor.
"What are you doing?"
He scratches the back of his neck "oh um, I thought you wanted your space"
"No but this is your bed, if anything I should take the floor"
"Don't be stupid Mae"
I stop arguing and roll over on my side.
"Goodnight Mae"
"Goodnight Enoch"

I lay there for about 10 minutes not being able to sleep "your not asleep aren't you?" I say to Enoch.
"How could you have guessed?"
I laugh and push the blankets down, grab a pillow and place it on the floor next to him.
"Well looks like I won't be sleeping either." We lay there and talk for the rest of the night.

My eyes gently flutter open. I'm somehow back in Enoch's bed. I look around and he is nowhere to be seen. I hop out of bed, and exit his room. I walk down the hallway, and it's still quiet. Everyone must still be asleep. I walk down the stairs and head towards the back door. I hear two familiar voices talking in the kitchen. I peek around the side and see Enoch and Olive. Kissing.

My heart sinks to my stomach. I can't believe I trusted him again.
I storm out of the house not wanting to ruin their little 'moment'
I walk over to my tree and start punching it. My eyes feel like they are on fire. Why do I always fall for his little tricks?

I punch the tree until my knuckles are bleeding. I sink to the tree and rest my head in my lap. I don't cry, I just sit there. I have never been one to cry.

"Mae, are you alright?"