- F O R E V E R ? -

I stare out the window in my room. Why does everything bad always happen to me? Enoch has been acting weirdly, standing up for the new girl with the crazy hair. I feel like he doesn't trust me like he used to. Maybe he's hiding something from me?

I shake my head and walk down the stairs to get ready for dinner. I'm the first one there. "Oh Miss Lewis, I have something I need to talk to you about" I turn around to meet Miss Peregrine. "So I was talking to Eve before and she was telling me how well you two are getting along. So she is going to be your new roommate." I feel my stomach drop, can this day get any worse?

I sit at the table with my head down as everyone walks in. I get a few "hey Mae, are you alright?" And I just nod my head, but honestly I don't even know anymore. I feel a familiar slightly cool hand rest on my shoulders. Enoch. "Everything okay?" He whispers into my ear so only I can hear it. I keep my head bowed down and nod my head. His fingers lift my chin up, my now green eyes staring into his chocolate brown ones. "Come to my room after dinner" I nod my head again and he plonks himself down next to me. Dinner is placed on the table, and when I look up Eve is staring my right in the eye smirking. Something's not going to end well...

Dinner was a particularly awkward one, with Eve watching me all night. Seriously what is that girls problem?
I walk up to my room, well me and Eves room to get changed into my pyjamas. When I talk to Enoch, I might ask him if I could stay with him instead. I can't help but notice Eves absence, I mean what could she be doing besides being in her room. I shrug my shoulders and head out of my room.

ENOCH P.O.V

I shake my head as I leave the dining room, what is up with Mae? Ever since that new girl has came she's been acting weird. I close the door of my room, not bothering to change knowing it's only Mae. I hear the familiar sound of my door creaking. "I was starting to think you wouldn't show up"
"Um this is Eve." I turn around and face her. My eyebrows furrow when I see her walking towards me looking so innocently looking. She had tears in her eyes. Something doesn't seem right.

"What are you doing in here?" I say a little bit more harshly than I should have. She just bursts into more tears. "I-I feel like no one li-likes me. Everyone has their friends and I'm just s-so alone" I don't know what to do so I just sit there. "Do you think I could be your friend?" She says to me with her hand resting on my knee. I am lost for words at the sudden mood change. Her hand remains on my knee for a while, as she just looks into my eyes.

I hear footsteps approaching my room, and everything else happens in a blur. She forcefully grabs my head and kisses me. I can't pull away her grip is too strong. Eve finally lets go when the door slams shut.

MAE P.O.V

I walk towards Enoch's room humming to myself. The door is already open which is unusual, his door is always closed. I walk in and stop in my tracks. Eve and Enoch, kissing. I turn around and slam the door, causing both of them to jump. Enoch's eyes dart up, and fill with shock and worry when he sees me standing there. "You bitch" I yell storming towards her. I grab her arms and throw her on the floor. Strong arms around my waist prevent me from killing her. Enoch lets go of me and faces me. "Mae please, just listen to me." I shake my head. "No. You know what I don't get? Do you remember the day when you told me you would love me, forever and always." He doesn't answer or even look at me "Enoch, do you?"
"Yes" he says staring into my eyes.
"Well so much for forever"

I go over to Eve one last time and kick her in the side. I know I'm going to get in big trouble for this but I dot care. I feel my eyes burning, changing colour. Just as I'm about to leave, i turn around and face the boy who I once loved. "I hate you"

--------------------

Ahhhhh finally an update, I'm so sorry it's been so long.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by this story from the beginning. Thank you all for reading.