- A B I L I T I E S -

Enoch POV

There was the eerily feeling inside of me as I paced around my room. I know I wasn't supposed to be communicating with Mae, but I haven't seen her all day and it's getting dark.

I checked the whole house calling out her name. My voice echoes through the empty hallways; the house was completely empty. All the kids were running around outside and enjoying themselves.

I didn't bother to let miss P know of Mae being missing. I know it's bad, but I don't want to get everyone worried in sure she's fine.

Or isn't she?

Another hour had passed and I figured I had to go looking elsewhere, and by elsewhere I mean leave the house. I decided I would go down to the beach. Mae is only new, and that is the only spot we have shown her so far.

I took off my shoes, and my feet sunk into the sand of our beach. I had spent most of the time calling out her name and looking everywhere.

I was just about to give up when a reflection in the water caught my eye. My head jolted around and I saw a body floating in the water. Shit. No no that can't be her. I ran as fast as my feet could take me to where the body was floating.

As I got closer I realised it was her. And what scared me the most was that her head was under the water. She can't be dead. Please don't be dead. Her body had managed to float towards the rocks on the side of the beach. I threw my shoes over my head and ran to her aid. I scooped her up and lowered her on the sand.

I grabbed her hand in mine and held onto it like a lifeline. "Please wake up. I'm sorry. It's all my fault. Please, just don't be dead"

I was just about to lift her back up, when her once lifeless hand gripped into mine. I turned back around and looked in shock, her eyes begun to flutter open. I crouched down beside her and helped her sit upright.

She begun to cough like crazy, coughing up nothing but water. I don't get how she managed to survive that. Who knows how long she was under that water for.

Once she stopped coughing I rubbed her back soothingly. "Are you alright now?" She nodded her head and sat there wondering.
"What's wrong?"
She cleared her throat once more before saying
"I was sitting up on the cliff, and this freaky guy with white eyes came and stood behind me. That's not what bothered me, it's what he said that did"

"Well what did he say?"
I said eager to know what's going on.

"I asked him what did he want from me, and he said my peculiarities. That's what's weird. Peculiarities. Meaning I have more than one."

I was starting to understand what she was saying.

"How long do you think you were under the water Mae?"

"Well when he pushed me in I hit my head on the back of a rock, and I just started sinking. Then I just closed my eyes. I think that was around one o clock."

"So you were in the water for about 4 hours?"

"Well yeah I guess so. But that's what I don't get. How did I manage to survive it."

I scooped her up and held her towards my chest as we begun the walk back to the house.
"We're going back to miss peregrine"

---

One night we were all sitting in the living room watching Horace's dreams, and miss Peregrine told us a story. It was about double peculiars.

"They are extremely rare, and they are the most feared peculiars. They are able to contain more than one peculiarity. Legend has it that only one double peculiar passes through every loop." All the children gasped in shock.

But I didn't believe any of it. After all, it was just a story.

But now I believe it. Because in my arms was no ordinary peculiar; With the ability of colour changing eyes and being able to breath underwater, It was certain that Mae was a double peculiar.