- A P O L O G I E S -

I didn't even have to turn around, I already knew who it was. "No I'm not ok Enoch!"
"Geez, what's gotten into you?"
I chuckle "Well I don't know, I was just walking around minding my own business until I saw you and Olive kissing" He stands there stunned

"Yeah that's right k-i-s-s-i-n-g" I throw my hands up in the air sarcastically.

He speaks up "well you don't know what actually happened!"

I stand up from my spot "ok so I'm guessing here is the part where you try and explain that it wasn't your fault; and I'm not falling for it this time." I let a tear run down my cheek "I've already fallen for your tricks once and I'm not letting it happen again" I turn around and storm off
"Mae, wait!" He catches up, grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him.

"Look I'm sorry ok?" I squirm out of his strong grasp. "No. Ok sorry not gonna cut it just yet" I take off running to somewhere where I can be alone. "Mae come on. Please don't go" They were the last words I heard before I took off into the house.

I run up the stairs with voices coming from everywhere.
"Mae are you ok?"
"What's wrong?"
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
I kept running down the hallway ignoring all the voices. I open the door to my room and slam it.

I stand up with my back on the door. I slowly sink down and pull my legs up to my chest; and then I cry. I let the tears fall into my lap. I have never been one to cry. I've always put this barrier up between me and my emotions, but now I just couldn't keep that wall up. I let my emotions take over me. I was a mess; and it was all his fault.

(Enoch POV)

I run after Mae. I need to tell her the truth. I follow her up to her room, I'm too late she has already locked the door. "Mae, come on open up" I give up after a while and my legs give out. I sink to the floor and my head drops. I press my ear to the door and hear slight sobbing. I've never seen her cry. I run my hands through my hair. What have I done.

-

I wipe my eyes and stand up. It's supper time. I don't think I can bring myself to look at him again. I walk down the stairs and am now standing in front of the dining room. I push the doors open and everyone is there, besides Enoch and Olive.

I take a seat besides Emma and Horace. Horace leans over "are you alright Mae" I quickly nod my head, I don't want to think about it again.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the doors open up. Everyone's conversations stop and their heads all turn around. In walks Enoch and Olive. Of course. Olive smiles a bright and happy smile, and Enoch's eyes are undeniably swollen. Has he been crying? Olive grabs his hand, and he just stands there not doing anything. I thought he was willing to try and make this work. I guess not. Just as they both sat down, I push my chair out and storm off to my bedroom.

I slam the door and plonk myself on my bed. I wrap myself in the covers and I cry my eyes out. That boy is just too hard to understand. I lay there until I hear a little knock at the door. "Mae it's me" I don't even say anything, just let her walk in the room. She runs up to me and gives me a hug. I hold her and embrace her in a hug. A little comfort is always nice to have.

--------------------------

I just wanted to apologise for not updating for the past few days.

And also. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 1k READS! I'm honestly so great full that people take the time to read my story.

Thanks again and I hope you stay and enjoy the rest of the story.