- T R O U B L E -

My eyes slowly begin to flutter open while someone shakes me "Mae, come on. We have to get up now" I sigh and turn to the other side.

The thick cockney accent that I know too well booms louder "Mae come on" I give up and throw the blankets off me, before my feel are met with the coldness of the ground.

I begin down the hallway and eerily silence fills the tiny space.
Something doesn't feel right. Almost like I know something bad is going to happen...

I reach the bottom of the stairs and stop dead in my tracks. Confusion comes over me, and I can tell by the look on everyone's faces that they only feel the same way.

Miss Peregrine stands in front of the staircase with her arm over a tiny girls shoulder. I take in her appearance. Her purple and blue hair shines in the morning sunlight, her youthful looking clothes, her bright hazel eyes that could be mistaken for gold, and a smirk plastered on her face which only brings one word to my mind.

Trouble.

"Children. I would like you to meet Evangeline, also known as Eve. I also expect all of you to make her feel welcome"

I look at her once again only to see she in looking at Enoch. My gaze looks up at him, and he returns it shrugging his shoulders. Her smirk seems to get bigger when she seems his grab lightly onto my hand.

I knew something bad was going to happen.

---

The dining room is now full. The chair at the table that was once unoccupied is no longer anymore. Eve now sits there minding her own business.

A gourmet breakfast off eggs, bacon, toast and sausages is brought to the table. I place my food onto my plate and begin digging in to the deliciousness.

While I'm looking down at my plate I can feel a gaze upon me. I look up, and Eve's glare is staring right into my soul.

I start picking at my food feeling really really uncomfortable. What's this girls problem. Everyone else seems to like her. They're asking her questions, and I even hear Emma complementing her hair.

It feels like forever until we were finally excused. I push my chair back and begin storming up to my bedroom. As I'm halfway up the stairs I hear footsteps following me. But not just any footsteps, light almost unrecognisable footsteps. I turn around at the top of the stairs and see Eve.

I roll my eyes and stalk to my room, closing the door when I walk in. I'm stopped by Eve's foot. "I don't think you would want to do that Mae"
The way she says my name gives me goosebumps. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I know about you and that boy, what's his name again... Anyway. I can see right through him, and it won't be long before he's holding my hand."

More footsteps stop outside my door. Enoch. He must sense the awkwardness in here "is everything alright?"

"Yes everything is fine" Eve says back flirtatiously before walking past him biting her lip. I snicker at her attempt to try and get him.

"She is unbelievable" I proclaim before heading for my door. A hand latches onto my wrist, stopping me from ripping her to shreds.

"Leave her alone she's only new"
I stare wide eyed at him.

"Are you serious, can't you see she's trouble. She came in here saying that she wants you, which gives me every reason to act the way that I am."

"Well I think your over exaggerating a little bit. You that I'm yours and yours only. Okay?"

A small smile escapes my lips knowing that I trust him. I know that he wouldn't ever go off with her.

"Okay"

--------------------

I just wanted to apologise about this update. It has been so long since I last updated.

I will try and do my best when it comes to updating. I am aiming for once or twice a week, so please continue with this story x