- A L O N E -

Enoch POV

Miss peregrine leads Olive and I into the living room.
"Would someone care to tell me what is going on here"
The sound of Olive's fake sobs fill the room.
"Enoch said that he loved me, and then he just leaves me for Mae a day later"

Miss peregrine looks at me sternly
"Enoch I never knew you could be one for a relationship, let alone two. You have obviously hurt Olive here so for that, you and Mae will no longer be able to have a relationship"
My mouth drops open
"No way. Come on miss P, are you serious?"
"Yes Enoch, it's for the best anyway"

I am fuming with anger. Just as I finally begin to feel like everything does turn out in the end; it looks like it doesn't. This is why I am the dark person that I am, nothing ever works out. Mae is the only who has figured out how to pass that dark side.

I give Olive the death glare before storming out of the living room. The only way I will be able to get over Mae is to block her out, and completely ignore her existence; so that is what I plan to do.

---

After breakfast is over, I help clean up the table along with Emma. This is usually Olives job, but seeing she's not here I'm the one who has to do it. I wonder where both of them are.

The sound of miss P's high heel shoes fill the small kitchen area.
"Thank you for the help girls, you can go upstairs and I'll finish the rest" Now I'm starting to question Enoch and Olives whereabouts. If miss is back down, surely they are too. Suspicion begins to take over as I walk up the stairs. Surely they haven't worked things out, do I really trust Enoch that much?

I hear a door close and turn to my right, only to meet face to face with Olive. She greets me with a mischievous smirk. "Where are you going?" Her voice fills the confined hallway.
"To see Enoch, do you know where he is?"
"I don't think he's in the mood to see anyone actually. Miss P banned your relationship"

I feel my heart sink to my stomach.
"She what?"
"You heard me" she gives another fake smile and heads down the stairs. My feet carry me towards Enoch's room. I knock on the door "who is it?" I don't answer. I hear loud footsteps approaching, and the door swings open.

When he sees my face he attempts to shut the door, but I don't let him. I jam my foot between the door. "Enoch please just listen to me for a minute." He doesn't say anything, just stares at me with dark, tired eyes.

"Is it true that miss banned our relationship?" That seemed to spark the anger in him "I don't want to speak to you"
I sigh "Enoch come on I-"
"JUST GET OUT MAE!"
My eyes begin to sting; signalling their colour changing process. I can only imagine the dark ink blue that they now represent.

I take a step back and Enoch slams the door shut right into my face. I pivot and I rush down the stairs to get outside for some much needed space. I jog outside and go to my tree. I sink to the floor with my back toward the tree. I stare out at the sky and think. I think about what life would be like back at home. Do my family miss me? Is everyone at school happy that I'm finally gone? I will never know.

I stand up after I start to feel a little uncomfortable from the awkward position I was sitting in. I brush all the dirt and dust off my overalls, and begin to jog. I jog to the one place where I know no one will disturb me; the beach.

After a long while of jogging and walking, I finally arrive. I look around and walk over to a cliff that overlooks the whole beach. I sit down with my legs dangling over the side, and once again I think about life. I think back to Enoch. If he really loved me that much, he would have tried to compromise with miss P; but he didn't. I sighed and came to a thought that nobody loves me. Even back home no one did.

My head jolts around at the sudden sound of leaves crunching behind me. I look up and see a person heading towards me, but what I don't understand where there piercing almost bright white eyes.
"Hello Mae"
My jaw hangs open in utter shock.
"How do you know my name?"
"Well, there's a lot that I know about you"

The person walks closer and closer with every word they say.
"I also know that your boyfriend is extremely angry at everyone. And I also know that you are peculiar."
This guy is really freaking me out. I stand up and now stand face to face with the mysterious white eyes man. "What do you want?" He chuckles before taking another step closer. "I want your peculiarities"
He smirks and pushes me off the edge of the cliff.

A scream escapes my lips as I feel my self free falling about 30 feet from the ground. I land with a thud. Then I realised that water doesn't make a noise like that when you land on it. I feel my head getting heavier, and then I realised I had hit a rock.

My vision grows blurrier by the second, and I begin to fall into unconsciousness in the middle of the ocean.