- J E A L O U S Y -

My eyes gently flutter and I see that I'm in my room. What how did I get in here? Oh that's right, I was knocked out. I stretch and start getting out of bed. I place my feet on the floor and see the most unlikely thing in the world. Enoch is sleeping with Bronwyn curled up in his lap. Ha wait till I tell him about this one. I remember he's with Olive which puts a frown on my face. I shake it off and quietly tip toe out of the room.

I head towards the back door, and head towards my spot; the tree. It is another beautiful day just like every other, with the sun just about to rise I climb the tree. I sit in my spot and watch the sunrise.

I sit there for what seems like ages until I hear my name being called which disrupts my thoughts. "Mae, Mae your finally up!" That can only be one person. "Hey Wyn" She always seems to show up whenever I'm feeling down. I climb down the tree, and she embraces me in a bone crushing hug yet again. "Wyn you have to stop doing that" I manage to blurt out. She released me from her tight grip and I am able to breathe again. I stand there catching my breath "it's breakfast time, lets go"

Bronwyn drags me into the dining room and conversations stop. "Mae, your ok"
"How are you feeling?"
"Yeah I'm fine" I say as Bronwyn releases my hand, before shooting someone a glare. I look up and see her glaring at Olive, who is holding hands with Enoch. A sickly feeling gross in the pit of my stomach, filled mostly with anger and jealousy.

"Why are you angry?" Fiona
Says to me. "What how did you know?"
"Uh your eyes are red"
"Oh right sometimes I forget about my own peculiarity" See, this is why I hate my peculiarity;
Everyone always knows what I'm feeling.

"Ok children, please take a seat breakfast is ready" We all obey and take a seat. I sit in between Emma and Claire. Breakfast is eaten in mostly silence.

Emma points to Olive and Enoch's intertwined hands "when did this happen?" A smile appears on Olive's face "two days ago" I can't help but feel jealous, I know Enoch is a friend and nothing more but still. He looks up and shoots me a sympathetic glance before bowing his head once again.

Miss peregrines voice booms across the table "Wow Enoch, I never pictured you as the affectionate type" A few laughs are stifled across the table, which earns a death stare from Enoch.

The rest of the day ends in a blur. Mostly consisting of playing with Bronwyn, and almost peuking seeing Olive and Enoch being so lovey-dovey. It was really getting on my nerves.

I know stand in front of the bathroom mirror brushing my teeth, while everyone else is getting ready for bed. I go say my goodnights to everyone before heading into Bronwyn's room. It's became a tradition now ever since I've been here.

"Hey Mae"
"Hey Wyn. Come hop into bed" She nods her head and plops into her bed. I pull the blankets up and tuck her in. I give her a light kiss on the head and fix her hair "Goodnight Wyn" I turn around and see she is already fast asleep.

I head back to my room and lay on my bed. No matter how hard I try, my brain is just fighting sleep. When I finally decide I can't sleep I get out of bed and tip toe down the hallway. I head down to my second favourite place in the house. The library.

I gently push open the door to find an empty room. I scan the books on the bookshelf and pick the most appealing one. I sit down in the corner beside the window and I read. My eyes begin to get heavier, and before I know it I'm asleep.

I jolt awake at the sound of a door shutting. Curse my light sleeping. I squint in the dim light and see a tall shadow coming towards me. I already know who it is. "Well fancy seeing you here. I'm surprised your not with Olive for once."
"Honestly, what's your problem with us"
"Nothing it's just that, uh, well-"
He smirks "your jealous aren't you"
"No, no I'm not" I can feel my eyes changing.
"Well why are you eyes changing to a dark green.?"
What can I say, because I'm jealous. "Um it's because I'm tired. Yep I'm tired, and speaking of tired I should be heading off to bed" I stand up but don't get very far when he grabs my wrist.
"Can you just sit down for one second and let me speak" I sigh and obey, taking a seat on the floor.
"There's something I need to tell you"
-----------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger, but what does Enoch have to say to Mae?

Any feedback on the story through the comments would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks for reading