- C O N F E S S I O N S -

I wake up at around 6:30 and head out of my bedroom. I walk down the hallways past Wyn's room, she's fast asleep so I decide to leave her. The house is so quiet it feels weird. I walk down the stairs as quietly as possible being really careful to not wake anyone up. I reach the back door, and head outside to go spend some quiet time by my favourite tree.

I climb the tree to about halfway and plonk myself down in my spot. I sit there staring at the beautiful sunrise. It was another perfect day. Not one cloud in the sky. I started to wonder about how people in the real world will continue to grow old, find love, maybe even have a family and then die. But not me. I will never be able to experience any of that unless I leave the loop. I have only been here for a few weeks so I have the chance if I need to.

I sighed and continue to stare at the beautiful sky. "Mae, can I talk to you for a second?" I look down to see fiery hair. Olive. "Uh yeah sure, I'll be down in a sec." I climb back down the tree and stand In front of her.

"Ok what's up" She almost looks embarrassed. "Well I came to talk to you cause ya know your a girl." I folded my arms in front of my chest "ok, so what's the important part" she blurts out this part so quick I almost missed it "I want to tell Enoch how I feel" I stood there shocked "you like Enoch?" Her cheeks blush a light pink "well yeah I have for the past 23 years" I can feel my eyes changing colour. Wait, am I jealous? I can't be. Why would he like someone like me, when he can have someone as sweet as Olive. "Woah your eyes just went green. What does that mean?" Well it means I'm jealous. "Oh that means I'm more than happy to help." I lied through my teeth.

As we were walking back to the house I can't help but think. Why am I helping her admit her feelings for Enoch? I just got here so maybe I should take it slow. It's around 9:30 now and breakfast is in half an hour. "Do you think it would be better if I told him before or after breakfast." I needed to stall as much as possible. "I think after is probably best" She nods her head. Well that only saved me half an hour.

I decide it's probably best to ignore Enoch, and that's pretty easy considering he sleeps in. I walk up the stairs to wait in my bedroom, not willing to see anyone. I quickly turn the corner and run into someone. I land on my backside and run my head. That's gonna leave a bruise. A hand is offered to me and I willingly take it. I look up and see a tall figure. Of course. "Good morning Mae. Sorry about that" He says in his morning voice. His mop of dark curls and messily placed across his head. I try and avoid eye contact. "Uh that's ok"
"Are you alright?"
"Yep. Couldn't be better" I lie for the second time today and walk past him.

I shut he door to my room and plonk on my bed. I lay there thinking 'I wonder what he will say back to Olive?' Well it's a 50/50 chance. He will either admit his feelings back, or he won't.

I lay there for 25 more minutes contemplating life, leaving 5 more minutes before breakfast. I exit my room and I can hear a conversation coming from Horace's room "Yes you should tell him. He really likes you too" My heart sinks to my stomach. I knew this wasn't going to work. I drag myself down the stairs and prepare myself to have to face everyone.

I open the doors to the dining room. "Good morning Mae. Sleep well?"
"Yes I did, thanks miss P"
Bronwyn runs up to me and embraces me in a bone crushing hug. Literally. "Good morning, how did you sleep Wyn?"
"Good after that story you read" I smiled and fixed her curly hair. "Ok children time for breakfast. We all took a seat and dug into the food in front of us. All I could think about was how much I was dreading the time after breakfast.

As much as I didn't want it to, breakfast came to an end. Olive looked at me and I have her a nod. "Ok children you are excused" Just as Enoch stood up Olive said "Enoch. Can I speak to you for a minute" He nodded his head and followed her wherever they were going. Here we go.

Enoch POV

Olive took me into the library and sat down, and took a deep breath. "I'm really sorry but this might take a while" I looked at her confused. "Ok so I've been thinking whether or not I should tell you what I'm about to say. And I've decided that I'm going to just say it anyway." I don't think I like where this is going.  "So, I know I sound obsessed but really I'm not." She takes in another deep breath. "I've liked you for 23 years Enoch" I stare at her shocked "wha- really?"
"Yes really, and I need to thank Mae for helping me gain the courage to tell you" That made me freeze. Mae wanted her to tell me. I though she may have liked me, I guess not. Now I have a plan to make her wish she never helped Olive. "Well your not going to believe this Olive, but I really like you too"

--------------------

Please let me know if you like the way the story's going so far.

And thank you everyone for all the reads, comments and votes on the story xx