Chapter 12. "Caleb?"

*
*
*

Everything good must end.

Forever is a myth

As soon as we're five, some even early, we are forced into school. We invest multiple years in this learning stuff that most we will never need in the real world but instead prepare you for some dumb biased test, that will never be nearly as hard as the one of life, then get a job.
For most a miserable job that they hate but at the end of the day makes a good pay, so you do this until your to old to work anymore, until your husband can't stand to look at you anymore after you bared his children, he then replaces you with someone newer. Prettier. Younger.

This isn't the case for everyone but still. What's the point of life will be a unknown question until, we die. Maybe even after that.

I'm seriously think it's this badass haircut that's making me feel so morbid lately.
Or maybe it's my mom and dad. I huff the strays of hair out of my face. My dad didn't come home that night. Mom acts as if nothings happened. She didn't even freak about my new look. She just sat there, looking okay.

"Wow." Was all she had said then smiled shaking her head. It was so unlike her. He did this, dad did.

I work for Ace now which is crazy it was like just yesterday I was that girl no one talked to. No one knew. Just a fudging wallflower, not even that. Just the damn thorned vine that no one wanted to get to close to our touch.
Just Mia's weird friend.
Looking in the mirror I didn't see her. It was the girl inside that had always been dying to come out.

My hair was outrageously different which was a huge game changer for me. I can no longer hide behind my locked curls.
I had to make a huge first impression.
I woke up early to shower while scrubbing my hair with strawberry shampoo that smelled more like kiwi. Why does this always happen?

I throw a big white towel over my head and wrapped another around myself.I searched everywhere for something "seductive" to wear. I only could find a pair of black shorts and a blue and black flannel when it hit me. Veronica's bag.

I have a boy crazy older cousin named Veronica on my dad's side whom is always sending me weird clothes to get a guy that I refuse to opened since what happened last time. I still have nightmares.

I search through the bag throwing around laced thonged underwear and push up bras, when I saw it. The black cropped shirt. Sighing I put the clothes on looking in my full length mirror.

I felt a bit out of place saying as how the flannel was longer than my shorts but I knew I didn't really have a choice. I'm in dept.
I walk back into the bathroom to curl my new and approved hair. While applying light makeup that I've been surprisingly getting good at. And to think I had to wear a ice pack on my eye for two weeks after I almost poked a hole in it that would have looked like a second pupil with a eyeliner stick.

I was worried about what everyone at school was going to think. I was wondering why Mia hadn't texted me. I was hoping I wouldn't die before I had a fair chance to live.

I put on my ankled length boots and a pair of shades before walking down stairs. I see my Mother cooking breakfast once again but this time in her nurse attire. Father was home surprisingly. Wearing sweats and watching football reruns.

We're all going insane.

As I make my appearance known by lightly coughing my mom glances up at me with a pan of eggs in her hand then gasps dramatically dropping the pan perfectly on the counter without letting them drop. Dad turns over looking at me weirdly.

"What happens to your hair, Jinx?" Dad asked beyond shocked maybe even a little angry. Mom was still staring at my entire.

"What has gotten into you Jinx every since you've gone back to school you've been acting so strange?" Mom finally erupts, but a ding of the bell stops us all. Snickers bar that must be be  Ace.

Dad's about to get it but I beat him to it first. Opening the door to one of the last people I thought I would see.

"Caleb?"

ווו×
A/N
Back after foreves I always come back.. But I'm not done keep reading for the double update