Chapter 31. Her Locker

*unedited*

-Ace-

Have you ever just thought of all the bad things you've ever done and all the bad things you know your going to end up doing, and just think of different ways you'd do them differently if you ever had the chance but, then remember that life's just the sugarcoated version of hell and you'll never get that chance. Never.  

I Ace Clover Anderson, regret the day that I was ever curious about what it would be like to have a big happy family with a brother, a mother my sister and a father that actually loved me. Even if it meant I would have never met Chase and Jinx and the whole gang that somehow without me even knowing grew on me like mold in a old basement, even with all this, I would give up it all to have a chance to see my sister again even if it was just to say goodbye. I never did get to say goodbye. But who really does ever say goodbye forever to someone they really love? They don't, you just keep holding on to someone that's not even there. I didn't have a chance to save Amelia, but I can help Jinx.  And to do that I would have to let her go, to stay as for away from her as humanly possible but I don't know how to do that. 

Whenever I think of all the bad things I've ever done for some reason the only bad things that pops up in my head is what I did to Jinx. I've shot people and left them for dead, I've robbed banks and didn't look back, I've ruined peoples life's before and taken them to, but everything just goes back to that night when I asked my dad for help. When he told me he was going to hire one of his old friends to help me ruin Jinx's life, to tear her parents relationship apart. To when I black mailed her into doing what I wanted her to do, and from the moment I changed her, and I'm not talking about before I had her have a makeover but to when that look in her eyes no longer seemed so bright, when she stopped smiling, when her fire was put out it was like everything changed. Not just for her, but for me and all the while I was trying to make her suffer, I was feeling it to. Just as hard.

Now it seems like I'm stuck between everything I never wanted until now, and everything I always wanted to happen till now, and nothing make sense but the fact that I have to get Jinx back. Not for me or  even for Chase but for Amelia. 

For my sister.
Behind every bad guy has a good story and mine is one of the best.
It takes me a minute to clear my mind on exactly what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it but once I do I get on my motorcycle and take off and this time I'm not looking for something, I'm just riding and the winds blowing hard and the sky is so
f-ing blue it's startling. Its like after all this time of being pressed on pause I'm being played on the wrong spot then the one I left off from, and I don't know how to go back; I can't go back, and all that's left is forward.

I don't know what the future has in stored for me but I do know what I have in stored for Jinx. I get off the motorcycle and I slide my hand down my pocket feeling the tip of my fingers clash with the cool metal object.

I walk up to Jinx's house counting each step to the door, 22.
22, just just became my favorite number because those were the first steps that I ever took that actually meant something. Well, something that was real. I ring the doorbell and the sound vibrates around me, and my hearts beating this solid rhythm that I'll- never forget.

A few seconds later a middle age women with flowing brown hair knotted up in a tight bun and sweats opens the door and the more I look in her eyes, the eyes that aren't even the exact color as Jinx's, I realize in fact it's Jinx's mother. Her eyes are red and disappointment shines in them as she realizes who in fact answers the door and guilt eats away at my chest and I tell her  everything. From the beginning when I pulled her daughter from her swimming pool to after when I ruined her marriage to now when I let her go, I do leave out the part about the murder.