Chapter 23. Cold

The coffee was cold and bitter. It didn't taste like it usually did when I use to go with Mia.
I missed her.

As in past tense, but only because she avoids me like I'm deadly. Which I probably am, but that's something I'm not to keen on amending. Ace likes his coffee black and so do I. I never imagined we would have something  in common but of course it's the fact that we both find, something dark bitter and unsweetened delightful.

I was no longer embarrassed of the fact I had basically asked him to kiss me, and got rejected. I realized it would have been a mistake; that we would be a mistake.

Chase once told me I was a torn in a room of roses and he could help but to prick himself on me. But the truth is I was a rose, I just wasn't a red one. I was the type of rose that was hard to see, impossible to find, and camouflaged in the background.
They were the thorns. The Anderson's. The thorns that appeared out of nowhere, keeping people away from me. Making me dangerous to touch and to be around.

"The coffee's cold." It takes me a moment to process the fact he had just spoke to me sense he stormed out the car around 20 minutes ago, leaving me to follow.

"It's better this way, that way no one gets hurt," I state dryly. His eyes catch mine and I realize my words have a double meaning so I frantically restate myself.
"I mean, when the coffees too hot, you could get hurt," I correct myself cautiously.

He clears his throat obviously uncomfortable with the entire turn of conversation.
"Look, just forget what I said about Chase, okay? He doesn't love you, well I don't think he does. He just likes you more than he should and I'm trying to warn you because I know you don't feel the same way about him." His words hit me in the gut and I feel like I might hurl. The truth always hurts the most. He keeps staring me in the eye and I never been able to handle that type of personal contact. Not even now after everything that's happened

"How would you know if I didn't feel the same way?" I question a bit awestruck. I honestly didn't. I really like Chase, I do. And since I really like him I wouldn't want to lose him.

Ace snorts and flickers his eyes on the cold black coffee and takes a sip. He purposely lingers his lips on the mug lead.He places it down in a cling, standing up as he wipes imaginary dust off his jeans ruffly.
"If you really liked my brother you wouldn't have tried to kiss me," he says calmly and I almost snort coffee out of my nose holes.

I stare at him in disbelief standing up myself so I won't look so small compared to him. Still he towers over me with his calm state.

"I did not try to kiss you. You told me you wanted your lips on mine I was just going with the flow," I rant, whisper so bystanders can't hear our conversation.
He chuckles softly tugging a lose strand behind my ear causing me to lose focus entirely as my breathing increases and I hesitant.
He leans in so our foreheads touch and our noses brush. So my eyes once again shut.
"Doll, there was no flow. You wanted me and I wanted to play you. But I didn't, for my brother's sake,  of course."

He leans back instantly rolling off his heel, then grabs his keys off the table walking out the door without another glance.
I swear underneath my breath following behind him in toe. We join in his car in a split silence before I break it in breathless frustration.
"So what do you want from me Anderson, is this all just a game to you because I never was given the instructions on how to play, and my fucking controller never was hooked up to the system, it's been game over for me for the longest time now and your barely figuring it out. I hope your having fun playing on your own, jackass," I snap, tugging on my seat belt then buckling it.

This doesn't bother him in the slightest as he slowly puts the car in start, not taking his eyes off the street.
"Yeah, I am having fun all by myself Doll, but I must have candor when I say it was pretty damn exciting when you were playing to, you lost that fire when you stopped trying. Not when you lost, because you never did. "
//

Dear Love,

I have yet to find you and because of this I've been wondering more and more if you even exist. I've felt you from a distant but I want to know for a instance that there couldn't be anything better than this. Oh, love your so blind I wish you would be more kind but I would be out of my mind to ask for such a thing. People always abuse you with a one time fling, most to afraid to give it all away and never get a ring. If only they can see love, that your not made out of bling, you shine so much brighter, the type of bright that makes the angels sing. Yet like the moon you always seem to turn, you show your dark side then we all get burned.
Oh love, you have so many faces; the good everyone chases, the bad  everyone disgraces, and the real everyone tries to embraces. But the thing is love, it's okay because I want judge. No matter how stubborn you are even if you won't budge, I'll forgive you when I learn how to love. I'll forgive you when "he's" gone. When you take him away because he was just another face hiding behind you copying your every move. Trying to fool me to. I'll forgive you, because he's not you.

Sincerely,
Well, you already know who I am don't you, love ?

@Peacefullyunknown

×°×°×°×°§°×°×°§×°×°§
AN
Hey you guys do you dig my letter to love? I realized we're at 700 and something reads I think 14 so I would like to thank you guys. Please silent readers vote I would write much more quicker if you guys did but I love you all anyways thank you.

Vote
Comment
Share