Chapter 21. His Sister

*Unedited*

Chase looked a mess. He blamed himself for something he could have stopped but didn't and I wasn't going to sit here and lie or say any otherwise.

He decided to sit on the other side of the room by the corner in a deep blue sofa chair with his head in his hands. We stayed in this silence for what seemed close to entirety.

"I never thought I would see the day I'd be in the same room as you again , with you still breathing. You had died and it was like everything stopped and not just your heartbeat. There was so much blood and I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact you were gone. I kept on trying to give you CPR in the car but nothing was happening."

There was so much desperation in his voice like he was begging me to understand. To get why he let his brother fire a bullet in my gut.
Maybe I did die because I feel like I've lost a part of myself. The part where I feel a emotion besides absolutely nothing.
But a bit of anger.
"You just stood there. I kept on looking at you, depending on you to do something. To help Mia. To help me. You didn't even turn in my direction. He could have killed her, my best friend and you just stood there like a coward. Don't you dare talk to me and act like you care. Your just as worst as Ace is, a complete monster that can burn in hell for all I care." There was no anger pent up behind those words. 
I felt so tired and I've had plenty of sleep.

The remorse on his face is something I'd probably never forget. The same way I'll never forget that bullet blasting through my stomach.

"I'm so sorry Jinx. This was never suppose to  happen." That was when all my forgotten emotions seemed to crash into one. I almost laugh as the tears seem to seek out the corner of my eye. But I refuse to let them fall.

"Then what was suppose to happen,  huh, did you all have this all planned out because I knew absolutely nothing?" I yell as hard as I could which seemed to be only a crock. He seemed to expect this, ready to respond but I refuse to let him.

"Don't! I don't even want to hear it. This is your last chance. If you don't let me go I'm going to call the police." My threat was meaningless seeing as how he could break my neck in one swift movement and there wasn't a phone in sight.

He sighed heavily. Removing his hands from his face, he stood up and I noticed just how dark the circle around his eyes were.
His face was a tired looking red as he kicked over the leg of the chair, he was just sitting in.

"You honestly still think I'm in control of any of this? You still think you could just run from  this? Ace wouldn't be dragging you around in all of this if he hadn't had a pretty good damn reason. I'm just sorry it had to be you. Ace has killed people before and I'm not saying you this to scare you, I'm telling you it because it's the truth. When he told me he saved you, I could believe it because I witnessed first hand how ruthless and brutal he could be. He grew up different than I had. My dad raised him while my mom had me. They were separated but not divorced. I first met Ace when I was fourteen. He found me. I had no clue I had a brother. Every since than Ace never left my side, he took care of me. And believe it or not, Ace wasn't always so...cruel. That was when we had a sister," his voice breaks and its like everything is slowly unraveling. He was so close to crying at this point and I was frozen in place.
His shoulders shook as he struggled to continue.

No, it couldn't be.

"No one knew about her. My father kept her locked up in the house. She was his only daughter and he did everything he could to protect her until her last breath.
They killed her, It was always about money with them. She was Ace's twin and they were so damn close. I only knew her for a few months but in those days I never felt so complete, with my whole family. She  was fifteen when her life was stolen from her.
She had fell in love with one of the other gang leaders sons in a local gang, she only told me about him because she knew how Ace and dad would react if they knew. They were both so secure over her. She was a diamond that no one was allowed to see or touch.
She wanted to run away with him. She was so sick of being locked away from the world, and tired of the drugs and the money that surround us like clouds.
She had jumped out my window that night promising she'll come back to see me one more time. She said she loved me, and I was just so fantasised with the fact I had this cool older sister, and I just wanted to help her," he gasped heavily for air tears streaming down both cheeks endlessly.
I never heard such a soul crushing noise in my life. He was shamelessly sobbing in front of me, and correction: I will never forget this.

"The police said he must have been drunk. I didn't even get a good look at his fucking face and I just let her go with him. They found beer cans scattered around in his back seat. He had gotten her killed and I didn't even get a good look at his face. He drove the car directly into moving traffic killing her almost instantly from the impact of the blow on her side on the car before he could even get her far enough outside to see the fucking sunset. Funny thing is when  paramedics finally managed to get there, he was gone.

My sister was left there with her seat belt wrapped around her neck and body slashed, and I think half of it wasn't even from the accident. He killed her, and I might as well had let him.

The police never did find him, I think that's when Ace broke. I let Amelia leave. I did it.
Yet he still blames himself for knowing nothing about it in the first place. My father still hates me for it but I know deep down he believes it's his fault. They purposely targeted her for something he did.
Yet never once did Ace blame me or dad even after I told him I let Amelia leave. We only had each other after that.

Ace devoted his whole life after that day to get revenge for our sisters death and has killed anyone who he believe has withheld needed information. I don't think he will ever stop looking, even if it kills him.
Ace never did a genuinely good thing  after that. That was until he saved you."

The room was so quite.
The air was thick with his guilt and my anger. He finally managed to calm himself down enough to look at me.
And when he did I didn't know how to look away. He was electricity and I was a plug. His intensity is electrifying and it was burning through me.

"Your special somehow. I knew you were the second I saw you come in my house. You were a torn in a room full of roses.
I pricked myself on you even though I knew in the end I was going to get hurt.
Ace had left thinking you were dead. He got attached to you without you even trying, the look on his face was the same one he had when the police came to our door saying Amelia was gone. It was so brief though like he got a flash of that exact same feeling he had felt and left. It was like guilt mixed with unspeakable pain." He bit down on his lip hard enough to to draw blood.

I didn't know what to say are if I should even try. His face had dried up stone cold.

"I can't promise you a way out. Not when there isn't. Just know no matter what happens I'm devoting a part of my life to making sure nothing bad ever happens to you again. Even if you don't want it."

He glances at me one last time before he makes his way towards the door. He then pauses with his hand on the door handle.

"My mom's going to come in here to help you get ready and take you home. Ace needs time to think, we all do. Your in danger rather you like it are not, you kneed a gang leader's relative in the nuts and helped us steal from said gang leader. That's not something people let slide by easily," his voice is rough and edged. He closes the door behind him, closing in all his grief and smothering me with my pent up anger.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. The words never manage to get to him though. It was too late. It's probably too late for me to.

//
A/N
Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!!! 🎄

Hey you guys I finally updated!
Now you guys sort of have a view on why Ace acts the way that he does. You also seen a more sensitive side to the loving goofy Chase.

Please show your support to if you like what you are reading 📖 so for.
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Ily guys all 🔏💕