11 | The Truth

HARRY

     “It's so good to see you bud. I never thought I’ll see you again,” he spoke those words with an utmost candor, and I could say that I felt every word he just told me. My sentiments at the moment were all over the place. I did not know what exact emotion I was feeling since they were all disarrayed in my head and in my heart.

     Happiness? Shock?

     For all I knew, that precise instant when my eyes saw this guy right beside me, I felt nothing but a comforting relief, yet at the same time, the thoughts of Niall’s nonexistence at this moment kept fighting against my sentiments of ecstasy. I should be happy now, because after all the time I thought I was all alone in this world, there was this remarkable chance that I would be able to see him again. Yes, he, being next to me was beyond belief for I did not know it was still possible, and considering that of all people, it was him whom God led me to see again.

     I continued to stare with incredulity, skeptical that my head was giving me this vision of untruth, a white lie of some sort. But as every second passed, he was still next to me, alive in the flesh, showing off his infamous smile that once captured the hearts of millions of people back in the days, his cerulean orbs looking raptly at me.  

     Just as what I did when Niall and I were brought back together by fate, I sat back up and took the chance to wrap my arms around him. Times like these never failed to make me be in tears. I am a guy who was known for being too delicate or someone who was too receptive to life episodes as remarkable as this. I’m quite sentimental, for my parents had always taught me to relish every single moment in life, and be thankful for every good thing that it would bring. And clearly, this was something to be grateful for, an unexpected endowment to value.

     “Wow, this is unbelievable. You’re here. You’re actually here,” I told him, trying my best to hold back the tears that strived to be liberated from my eyes.

     “I am here. I’m glad we found you,” he responded as he consolingly rubbed my back, and all the corporal pain I had seemed to vanish with his comforting touch.

     “Don’t tell me you’re crying, Harry,” he teased, and hearing his gentle voice once more made me smile.

     “No, I’m not Lou. I’m just crying my eyes out. I can feel your tears on my shirt, you know?”

     “Those are not my tears. What you’re feeling is my goo,” he said in between chuckles, and I couldn’t help but laugh as well, the first laugh that I had since Niall’s absence.

     We both let go of our embrace after a few more moments, and we smiled at each other. But so much had changed when I looked at Louis. He looked quite different from the last time I saw him, since that night when we got separated. From his once youthful, fine-looking features, he morphed into someone who looked a whole lot matured. Time seemed to have taken some of the vivacity from his face, with stunted growths of hair above his mouth cascading down to his chin.

     “You…you look different boo.”