27 | Exodus

Kay @kaythewriter made the amazing fanart/ alternative cover on the Multimedia section. :)

HARRY

     “We have to get out of here, now!

     “Why? What’s going on? What did you see?” Hannah asked in panic.

     I didn’t have time to answer her. Instead, my feet carried me back inside my home, my eyes frantically searching for any possible weapon that I could find. I could see that Hannah and Louis were doing the same, all three of us rummaging around for something that we could use for our departure.

     The clock was ticking. The explosions from outside thundered closer and closer to where we were, and there shouldn’t be any time wasted. I couldn’t bring myself to tell them what I saw. The moment when we step outside, they would eventually know the reason behind my concern.

     What I only got were a couple of knives, along with Hannah’s gun with four remaining bullets and Niall’s stake situated in my backpack. After rounding up my search, Louis and I met up back in the living room, a surge of fright coming within us when we realized that Hannah was nowhere to be seen.

     “Where is she?” I inquired, all flustered to the remaining time that we had before we could get out of here, alive.

     “I don’t know! Maybe she’s still upstairs,” Louis said, his face all creased with agony from the pain he was feeling.

     “I’ll go get her,” I said, but before I could move, his hand reached out for my arm, causing me to turn around and look at him, his face read nothing but apprehension.

     “What’s going on, Harry?”

     Before I could answer him, I saw Louis’ expression change from what he saw behind me. I turned around to see Hannah, struggling to keep her stance as she tried to help him get on his feet; her hand holding on his for additional support.

     “Hannah,” I whispered in shock, until I finally found myself moving on to help her hold him still.

     “Let’s go!” She shouted in defeat, and Louis and I came just in time to aid her fall and got him back on track.

     The detonations suddenly boomed out of nowhere, with minute amounts of debris showering us inside. Holding firmly in his hand with his arm wrapped around my shoulder, I began to walk out of my home towards back to the deadly world outside, with Hannah helping Louis behind to keep his balance. My eyes looked around to see the imminent destruction around us – the once brilliant blue sky was now tainted with seething breaths soaring high as swift as smokes from the fires of Hell. Glowing flames enraged with the helicopters carrying on making their heartless obliterations all over our beloved home. The definition of apocalypse finally presented itself right in front of us, where nothing but heartrending catastrophes and annihilation transpired all around, together with faint cries of anguish possibly from the Infected emerging from the blazes of termination.